Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Would you play and which side would you likely pick?
Nah, MMOs are not my thing. Even if it's the grim dark of the future... 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Yes, for the Gawd-Emprah! Imperium of Man. 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Yup, I wanna get stuck in wif da boyz! Orks. 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but only if the ground will tremble at every single step! Forces of Chaos. 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Yes, if there's lesser races to gank for ominous reasons. Craftworld Eldar. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Why, yes. If there's souls, slaves and rock'n'roll... Dark Eldar. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uhum, for the Pseudo-reli..err.. Greater Good! Tau. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Dark Millennium Online
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 pm 
Civilian

Alright, I was thinking a bit about DMO again. So, I figured... you guys seem to be into 40k... at least a little bit. Anyone wanna discuss this up-coming abomination/awesomemeness?

Now, regarding the little poll... I just threw it in for good measure tbh. Feel free to pick one even if you're pretty sure it won't be in the game ( like Tau or Dark Eldar, for example) or if you have no clue what the hell I'm talking about. :lol:

Now, if you picked one... feel free to post what class you'd play. Just take any confirmed or un-confirmed unit that you think might be an awesome class and say ''Yup, would definitely play a Bloodthirster.", and you could also mention the class you picked cuz that'd only make sense.

And feel free to discuss the game itself... what's know and what's unknown so far, I promise I won't get mad if somebody actually posts in here. :D

Post subject: Re: Dark Millennium Online
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:51 pm 
Chaos Marine

Even though I Probably won't be getting it, I haven't indulged my Chaotic side in a while so I'd go for them as a Chaos Lord or something.

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:59 pm 
Civilian

Have to say chaos, and more specifically one of Ahrimans Prodigal Sons ;D. I like mages and who is more bad ass than ahzek's boyz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:01 pm 
Civilian

I myself am not sure, I've had enough of MMOs for a lifetime or three. Thus I'm not sure I'd play one again, even if they did something New&TotallyExcitingLikeUnicornsOrStuff.

If I would get it I'd probably go for something like Howling Banshee or Warlock/Farseer/EldarPsykerAnyway ( if melee orientation was an option for psykers). At least 'till they released Sisters of Battle. Then I'd have, like, a dilemma on what to spend time on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:06 pm 
Civilian

Insanedwarf

I'm pretty sure they won't have any really cool stuff in there, like what you said. In fact, they already pretty much confirmed a Sanctioned Psyker for Imperium of Man. Which probably means Chaos Psykers will be something similar, like the ones that are mobs in Space Marine.

Seriously, I can already see that they need more dakka. :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm 
Infernal Tester

Space Marines. I would have to be a black templar at least once and with a couple of friends just rush anything and rip it to peices. Ahhhh Violent purge... I mean crusades.

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/file ... -purge.jpg

Derp Banshees are supposed to beat stuff like Terminators in CC. Herp a derp. - Gorb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:00 pm 
Infernal Tester

If I gave a crap about MMO's, I'd go with the Tau, simply because pulse rifles are pretty damn shooty.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:04 pm 
Infernal Tester

i love everything WH40K , but MMOs just aren't my thing. ill play it for a few weeks(maybe months) than start getting tired of it and just go back to other games.

so i probably wont be getting this. unless its free, then ill try it out. but it most likely wont be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm 
Chaos Marine

Same, Chompy. If its free online-wise then I might consider the posibility of getting it or not.
If it isn't, I won't.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:19 pm 
Infernal Tester

even if it is free i'll eventually get tired of it and go back to other games.
I'm just not a fan of clicking where my character needs to walk and than on a enemy and watch him hack or shoot away. i'v lost count of the times iv actually fallen asleep when playing a MMO game. i need Direct control.

but that was with other MMOs, do you have direct control of your character when shooting? or is it just click on a enemy and he shoots till its died or melee's you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:02 pm 
Infernal Tester

I'm with you two. I'll play as long as it is decent and there's no monthly fee. I don't mind a one-time purchase to play (since at that point it is only as expensive as any other game), but I can't afford monthly fees.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:11 pm 
Chaos Marine

I can't either, I don't have a job because there are none where I live so I bearly get the games I want anyway. Plus I'm getting driving lessons so that's diminishing my money as well.

Overall I'm fucked. Damn this recession.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:18 pm 
Civilian

I doubt it won't have a monthly fee, in capitalism you don't pass on the opportunity to charge the highest possible amount money for anything if there are people around that might pay for it.

And yeah, there will be tons of people who will pay. So yeah... :|

On the other hand it's coming out in 2014 or something ( I think), so who knows how things will look then ( regarding your financial situations, not capitalism and monthly fees on MMOs...).

Anyway, Chompster, so far it seems it will be different from current MMOs regarding shooting. I can imagine it might be sort of like Mass Effect 2 just without being able to pause mid-battle. So, you aim with your mouse, probably even shoot with your mouse but still have an action bar with abilities and... stuff, I suppose.

I myself kinda hope that it will have a more interesting melee system too, but there's no information out on that so far. Not that the one about shooting is definite or confirmed, I think they didn't want to tell anything definite. Bastards.

Also, I wouldn't play that game for an extended period either. I can imagine paying some money to play for a couple of months... to check things out, smash some faces in PvP, meet some new people or w/e. Well, if I'll have any money that is. Damn, 2014 is... like the far future for me... I might have kids in 2014 for all I know. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:08 pm 
Infernal Tester

Lelorelyn wrote:
Anyway, Chompster, so far it seems it will be different from current MMOs regarding shooting. I can imagine it might be sort of like Mass Effect 2 just without being able to pause mid-battle. So, you aim with your mouse, probably even shoot with your mouse but still have an action bar with abilities and... stuff, I suppose.
oohh.. that sounds nice, if it were like that then it be a lot more interesting

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 am 
Chosen

I'd look into Guild Wars 2, as that's probably the system they're gonna want to rip off. GW2 looks very promising as you are no longer just ordering your guy around. You have to time your parries/dodges, aim and fire with the bow, casters are probably also rehauled similarly, maybe involving chain casts, Idk. I haven't looked into the game much since E3 but GW2 doesn't have monthly fees, you just buy the game and you got everything (although Guild Wars has a ton of expansions but at least you have the choice if you want them or not or even want to wait for the price drop).

With a 40k MMO, that might be an interesting way to go. Perhaps you buy an expansion and you unlock a new level cap, new classes, and/or a new race.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:32 am 
Civilian

I tend to forget that Guild Wars exists, tbh. :lol:

That's why what you just wrote are complete news to me. Sounds interesting though. I'll have to check it out some time, I think. Anyway, I welcome changes like those. Auto-attack is death. And all that other crap too. :(

Anyway. Yeah, GWs didn't have the monthly subscription based billing system. But I suppose they also had reasons for going another way, probably mostly because of having to compete with WoW. DMO is not likely going to have the same problems, as it's Warhammer 40k... it has a huge fan-base, and I reckon tons and tons of those fans would want to play something like that. Also, it might be totally awesome. Which might make them cocky. I highly doubt that it won't be having some sort of rob-the-peasants-blind billing system.

Then again... if it was simply "Pay once and enjoy forever... sort of, at least you don't really have to buy all the DLCs!" it would be, like, totally super awesome. I suppose.

Back to combat system:

Who knows, maybe they'll rip GWs' combat system off... and maybe they'll rip it off and make it a lot-lot-lot better. Optimism, can you feel the optimism?

I was actually feeling rather optimistic regarding this whole thing until I found out that Black Templar Space Marine is going to be the only Space Marine class in the game ( + Word Bearers Chaos Space Marine as their evil counterparts). Apparently. For now.

I mean... that would suck, wouldn't it? Not having tactical, close combat and heavy support SMs as different classes?

Maybe it would actually make sense for SMs. Like, you spec in either of those three. And change whenever you feel like it... yeah, hm. Anyway, it would not make sense for Eldar as I don't see how you'd change from Dire Avenger to Howling Banshee to Dark Reaper. Or something. And I want Eldar to be in the game, bwaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Sorry, I write too much.

tl;don't-r

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:37 am 
Civilian

More interesting questions:

Would you want to dual-wield chain swords?

Bolt/Plasma Pistols? Like Cypher does?

Would you steal an Eviscerator and wield a two-handed chain sword for pure lolz?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:18 am 
Sacrifice

Have all of them and equip them, as the situation arises.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 pm 
Infernal Tester

Fuegan wrote:
I'd look into Guild Wars 2, as that's probably the system they're gonna want to rip off. GW2 looks very promising as you are no longer just ordering your guy around. You have to time your parries/dodges, aim and fire with the bow, casters are probably also rehauled similarly, maybe involving chain casts, Idk.

Nobody really remembers good old Phantasy Star online? Where you had to use the directional keys to move, attacks went the way you were facing, you had to dodge yourself the nasty blows, time properly your attacks, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:03 pm 
Civilian

Location: 'ulk "retribution of fire" controlled by WAAAGH! BUZGOB
deffkopta pilot

WAAAGH!! BUZGOB
((to be revealed in the coming month or so))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 am 
Civilian

Stormboy.

Da thrill of strappin' live rokkitz to yer back and flyin' 'cross the skyz.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am 
Civilian

I remember this game, or at least the announcements. It was canceled after THQ died, right?