Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I desperately need two players for a FoK campaign
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 pm 
Civilian

All right, here's the deal: I need 2 players, one Necron and one Ork, for a FoK campaign that's going on on Good old Games forums now. Since this a community around a MOD, most of you probably are hardcore gamers, so either aware of GoG or even having an account there - latter are people I'm looking for, unless you're willing to create one.

First of all, I'm not looking for any pro players, I'm basically looking for medicore ones, since I'm trying to keep teams balanced. It's pretty much a team-based (2 players per side) game and first games were played out just now, with me standing for one ork and one necron so far. But I can't multiply myself (even thou it would be cool), and no more players seem to be wanting to jump in.

I won't provide direct links unless I'm asked to, since I don't want to look like I'm running around, promoting GoG. If you'd like to join, PM me or add me to your Steam friends, name Fenixp. Oh also: I really don't want this to become a GoG discussion.

Anyway, a little sneak peak into the story, that may lure someone:

The Sol System

The cradle of the Imperium Of Man and the seat of the Emperor

Within this system lies the great forge world of Mars, its immense factories an endless chain of production in service to the Imperium. It was a world of order and efficiency but one short moment of chaos was to change the world forever.

A great inhuman scream pierced the very fabric of the world, driving a million servitors and enginseers to madness. Laser torches were turned on containers of freshly made ammunition, the detonation of millions of cooked off bolter shells creating an explosion that could be felt on the other side of the planet. Titan reactors were overloaded, destroying or crippling the vast majority of the mighty war machines. Aboard the Battlefleet Solar, ammunition detonated, reactors overloaded and engines ran out of control, leaving the fleet and martian spacedocks little more than an impenetrable cloud of debris and bodies.

Not long after the devastation, a sudden violent warp storm engulfed the Sol system. Numerous space hulks emerged from the chaos to crash on the surface, reports of orks started coming in from outlying districts, scattered sightings of eldar had the imperial guard jumping at shadows and rumours of dark rituals began to draw the attention of the inquisition.

The invasion of Mars had begun...

Post subject: Re: I desperately need two players for a FoK campaign
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:25 pm 
Cultist

Eh, as a necron player, (which this community greatly lacks.) I would love to help you out... but I can't play my Dark Crusade online as it won't patch properly. :(

I suppose I could tinker with it, but it's just being overly fussy. Stupid patches... :x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 pm 
Civilian

I could always get you an already patched version of Dark Crusade, put it somewhere on the net, so you can rewrite yours with it. It works for these cases, usually.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:33 am 
Civilian

yea sure i love the Necrons and i would like to join in, if ur interested message me

Ahh the peace of it all

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:00 am 
Civilian

I'm new to these forums and to the idea of playing a 'Dawn of War Campaign'. How is it I would go about participating? How would it work? Let me know, I might give it a go.

-cajun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 pm 
Infernal Tester

Look at the date, it was year ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm 
Civilian

Silly me.