Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 
 Post subject: RC 1218 Bug List
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:15 pm 
Sacrifice

GENERAL

Critical
1. The view distance (the radius around which you can see through the fog of war) for mines is not consistent from race to race. Imperial Guard mines have a very large view radius while Space Marines mines do not. Also, a unit must be visible to you in order to be blown up by mines - if you can't see a unit through fog of war (and with Space Marines mines, there's almost no view distance) then units can walk right next to the mines and not be affected by them until a unit you or your allies control gets within view distance, at which point they start to blow up. FIXED, all mines have 10 sight radius and 5 keen sight radius

2. Transports should have a tooltip stating how many of them can be built total.

7. Running bars: Seem to be on/off aesthetically. The ability works fine, just sometimes the orange bar under my units will remain....it's just visibly jarring rather than a proper bug. I'd get a screeny but so far I've been too distracted by the awesome.can't be fixed for now

8. Don't know if anyone has noticed this, or if it even be remedied, but with sufficient lag i found out that you can somehow chain a bunch of grenades of the same type together. I threw like 14 krak grenades in a row with 1 AF squad, just because there were too many units on screen for my comp. Basically, i hit throw, they threw, and then for a little bit the option to grenade again came up. Only encountered this in laggy gameplay though. this seems like a 3.1 bug fixed loooong ago

9. Various tooltip fixes for infiltration: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=707

11. Weapon order... Like the Space Marines, Heavy Bolter should be moved down. Flamer, Plasma Gun, Multi Melta should be listed first... Same general note for all Space Marines, BT and Chaos squads, weapons should be in a consistent order top to bottom, left to right by the order of availability (Flamers, etc. at top, Las Cannon at bottom). Sorry if I am saying it too much, it affects a bunch of units so it comes up a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------

Non Critical
3. I would greatly appreciate if all missiles in the game had their speed increased. It does not need to increase the actual damage dealt, but the speed of the missile as it flies through the air. They sort of lug around the battlefield right now and don't look particularly menacing, despite being pretty useful. Tau missiles could use a blue colored trail to help differentiate them from Imperial and Space Marines missiles, and I think Chaos missiles should have the Ork missile trail on them, as it looks eviler.

4. The pintle mounted Stormbolter on the Land Raider and the entire gunner and hatch it is attached to randomly glitch/rotate to the right while the tank drives. Additionally, the pintle mounted Heavy Stubbers on all Leman Russ variants also always seem to point to the right when there's nothing to shoot. Possible fix: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25

5. This isn't a bug really, but more of an inconsistency. The space marine plasma cannon effects/sound are different from the Imperial Guard sponson PC. The Imperial Guard PC is louder, leaves a crater, and seems to have a slight knockback effect. Is this intended?
Fixed though the sound still different.

6. Autocannons, Heavy Bolters and Starcannons also have different effects on different units. The Predator Autocannon fires a round with no tracer, while CSM autocannons and Sentinels fire tracers. The Vipers Starcannons rate of fire is much slower than that of the Wraithlord. Heavy Bolters on imperial tanks rarely fire tracers, while Space Marines are all about the tracers.

10. if a unit is cloaked or infiltrated and walks over mines you own, they will not blow up. Is this intentional? If you reveal them, the mines go off. I know they now have a 5 keen sight range, but the question is, should infiltrated units be allowed to pass over areas that would blow up (and if they have a large Keen Sight range, reveal your mines without fear of retribution! Cough Space Marines SCOUTS Cough) normal units?

Post subject: BLACK TEMPLAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm 
Sacrifice

BLACK TEMPLAR

Critical
1. The 5 man combat squad is missing the run ability FIXED

2. when I upgraded the combat squad to meltagun, the unit icon became a pink box. FIXED

3. When you upgrade a normal Crusader squad *not the CC one* to a HB, the squad's icon in the bottom left turns bright pink. Fixed

4. When I play as black templar my banners are always orkish! Does anyone else have this problem, can anyone else help me with this? FIXED

5. I get the pink box for the veteran sergeant in painter [edit]and in game[/edit] for the new RC 1003 version. Fixed

6. Not sure if it's a bug, but attaching the chaplain to a squad doesn't pass on the fearless rule. Seems like it should, you know? Fixed

33. Crusade Fleet Support upgrade says "Upgrade Stronghold to a Monestary" "Monestary allows..." Should Say "Upgrade Crusade Landing Site to ??? (Create a good name)" "??? allows..."

34. Full Scale Crusade Attack upgrade says "Upgrade Monestary to Fortress Monestary" "Fortress Monestary allows..." Should say "Upgrade ??? to ???-2" "???-2 allows .... available to the Black Templars"

37. Stronghold Barrack allows "Monestary addon (Stronghold)" Should say "Crusade Fleet Support addon (Crusade Landing Site)". Also, should mention that it requisitions Dreadnought

38. Armoury says "Allows weapon upgrades to Space Marines, etc." Should say something like "Requisitions additional (specialized) troops. Produces: Assault Marines, Terminators. Allows Black Templar Wargear and weapon upgrades."

39. Wargear Powerfist upgrade mentions Vanguard vets... Should be changed.
THAT RESEARCH don't EXIST ANYMORE

40. Assault Marines and Termis can DS from Armoury and Landing Site... other DS enabled troops cannot DS from Armoury. Should they be able to?
NO, anyway now they DS from the barrack as SMs

41. Machine Cult produces "Rhinos, Land Speeders, Dreadnoughts, Predators, Whirlwinds, and Land Raiders" Should Say "Rhinos, Razorbacks, Land Speeders, Damocles (Damocli? just kidding.), Predators, Vindicators, and Land Raiders"

51. Sword Brethrens CC: Lightning Claws trooper tooltip text says it can exchange Bolt Pistol... Remove.

52. Sword Bretheren CC: Says they can infiltrate. No option on the UI that I can find.

53. Assault Marines: Add "Power Weapons and Power Fists" to the list of available upgrades in the tooltips.

54. Assault Termis: Tooltip at the Armoury says they can "exchange" THs for LCs. Not quite correct... However, the troop tooltip on scroll over seems accurate.

56. Command Squad initiates have no tooltip on their build icon. However, when scrolled over, they provide a tooltip for a tactical marine. Mentions weapon upgrades, etc. Not accurate for this trooper.

57. Vet Sgt. says he can upgrade to Thunder Hammer. I don't see how... mistake? HE can't, TOOLTIP NEED FIX

58. Marshall/Castellean: No HQ decal on the build icon. Both have the same text from the Space Marines capt. Both heroes need new or more descriptive text. Tooltip text refers to "Captain" - change to "Marshall" or "Castellean". "Space Marines" to "BT" Also mentions a Chapter Master. No CM in BT army... yet?

59. Marshall: Rites of Battle says "Force Commander"; Wargear Powerfist text is odd... mentions Vanguard Vets, and other probs; Iron Halo "Company Commander"

61. Dreadnought: Weapon loadouts: Multi-Melta says it replaces the Asscan... most of the other weapons say they "replace[] D's Multi-Melta". If it doesn't have a MM to start with, how does it replace the MM? Sorry, I don't know how to explain this "problem" in a less dickish manner.

66. LR Crusader: Has the same attack ground/no unload button issue as Space Marines LR Crusader. FIXED, as all other issues with unload and attack ground button

---------------------------------------------

Non Critical
General Note: Several suggestions are made to change "Space Marine" to "Black Templars." Space Marines is technically accurate... but... Well, they are the BT, not just SMs. The other option is to replace "Space Marines" in these tooltips with "the Chapter" or "the Chapter's" as is used on the Command Squad Initiate.

General Note 2: A lot of the problems are the same as Space Marines problems. However some are a result of a direct copy from Space Marines which need to be modified to be BT specific. This list is not as daunting as it looks at first glance.

32. Crusader Landing Site says "Space Marines Headquarters" should say "Black Templars Headquarters"

35. Vows: All - "artifacts" to "artifact"; "Forbidden Archive" to "Crusader Landing Site"

36. Vows: All - Last Line "Crusader Fleet Suppor" Needs a "t".

42. Machine Cult should show the Rhino and Razorback options earlier and greyed out, if necessary... I didn't know they were available to the BT at all until I clicked on it later.

43. Orbital Relay Change "Space Marine" to "Black Templar". "Allows the production of deep striking Crusader and Sword Brethren Squads and Dreadnoughts."

General Troop note: Weapon Upgrades for many troop types: Plasma Gun and Flamer say that they are heavy weapons... This description (Heavy or not) should be normalized or done away with for all the weapons. I assume Space Marines have the same problem - it should be fixed there as well. Furthermore, the order of weapons in the selection screen should be consistent across all troop types and standardized with Space Marines army troops.

45. Crusaders (Ranged): Weapon upgrades are listed in the reverse order from their Space Marine counterparts.

46. Close Combat Crusader Squad troops' power weapons and such start at the bottom of the selection box, not the top.

48. Crusader Combat Squads: The tooltip says they have a broader range of weapon options. They have the same options as a Crusader squad... ???

49. Crusader Combat Squads: Weapon upgrades out of order?

50. Sword Brethren (CC) weapon selections are on top, but should reverse order. B/C Power weapons are available before Power Fist, reading left to right... Power Weapon should be first. Normalize order of weapons between the two CC squad types.

55. Command Squad: Several Tooltips refer to Space Marines. Change to "Black Templars"

60. Chappy: Same probs as Space Marines Chappy. Capitalize "C" in Chappy and "Best Effectiveness" to "Most effective"

62. Rhino: Mentions "Space Marines" See General Note...

63 Razorback: Same as Rhino.

64. Predator: "umbiquitous" should be "ubiquitous"

65. Land Raider Crusader: Has "Produce Units" button, but it has no build options. SHOULD HAVE HUNTER KILLER MISSILE UPGRADE NOW

Post subject: Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm 
Sacrifice

CHAOS

Critical
1. tzeentch chosen squad has regular marines in it (shouldn't they all be Aspiring
sorcerors?) PLACE HOLDER MODEL

3. Mark of Nurgle research says it allows access to plaguebearers - but you can't get them.

4. With CSM and raptors, you can reinforce the squad to 10 members (ie click the button five times) and then hire an Aspiring Champion after, upping the squad to 11 guys. FIXED

6. Lightning claw vs. power sword DPS on CC chosen - see marines section. FIXED

7. Daemon Prince is shown as having infantry armor - shouldn't it be monstrous creature armor? don't have enough room for 2 extra T6 2+/5+ and T6 2+ ***Note by Ira: now that we switched buildings to armor we should have three open armor slots***melooo: already used 2 of these for "3+/6+" and "T7 4+" :\

9. The Avatar of Khaine assaulted me (3 different time in the same map, we were testing unit effectivness). I countered him with 15 Daemonettes and the Khaine model fell into the floor texture and died instantly. Harliquins died in a similar way, the Daemonettes barely touching the unit (2-3 seconds). There was no shooting, or attacks from any other units on the map, we were both tier 3 with maxed out FOC. FIXED

8. Rubric Marine Sorcerer moves faster than Rubric Marines. ***Note by Ira: even if he should move faster for gameplay reasons we should make him the same speed***

10. Icon Bearers need their heads shrunk. They are still the huge old ones.

13. I noticed that when you start an assassinate skirmish with chaos you cannot choose your lord's mark. can't be Fixed for now

16. I'm sure you probably know this already, but chosen squads (atleast both nurgle and slaanesh) get the pink icon when upgraded to heavy weapons - such as the lascannon or lightning claws. Fixed i think

19. Also Slaanesh lord has not been teamcolored or textured properly yet.

20. The Rubric Marines Aspiring Sorcerers... the default one is free, but if you want one that has Bolt of Change, which isn't avail until T3 apparently, you have to pay 425 req. Same with Warptime. When i purchased the Bolt of Change variant I was hoping that BOC would be it's default attack, not an ability. Fixed

21. When you use the Smoke Launchers on the defiler, the button dissapears after one use. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I figured I'd report. Fixed

22. The Pintle-mounted Combi-flamer doesn't seem to fire. It seems to stay as a Combi-bolter even when upgraded. Fixed

27. Autocannons need textured

28. Combi-flamer, extra armour, and parasitic hull upgrades don't change the model or its stats when researched. Stats are changed however the model hasn't been changed yet ***Note by Ira: Do we have the upgrades modeled yet?***nope :(

30. Manreaper upgrade for commander LOWERD his overall dmg form 120 to 75! *Campaign issue*

31. Undivided Lord can't upgrade to Daemon Prince Fixed

68. Desecrated Stronghold tooltips should add produces "Chaos Lord, Sorcerer and Chosen Squads."

71. Mark of Chaos - Needs a description of the generic Chaos Lord's weapon. All the others are named.

72. Chaos Temple: In the Produces list remove "Chaos Lord" Instead "Produces: Chaos Space Marines, Raptors, Havocs, Marked Squads, and Possessed Squads"

73. Armoury: "Allows Weapon Upgrades to all squads" ... Not just "CSM, Cultists, and Raptors..."

74. Armoury: Wargear: Power Weapons (Heavy Support) Should say "Havoc Aspiring Champions" not just Aspiring Champions

75. Armoury: Wargear: Plasma Pistols (HQ) - Add the HQ decal to the lower right corner?

76. Armoury: Wargear: Melta Bombs - Add that they give Meltabombs to Plague Marines. Unless that is an error. Not an error, tooltip tweak needed

77. Machine Pit: Add to the "Produces" list "Chaos Vindicators, and Chaos Land Raiders"

78. Sacrificial Circle: The tooltips need to be completely overhauled.

79. Daemon Pit: Add Chosen Terminators to the "Produces" list. Building removed

81. CSM: Need the descriptor "Troop Choice" on the first line of the tooltip.

80. Cultists: Tooltip says they can be "upgraded" with infiltrate. Do they start with it or does it become available later? Maybe "Cultists may use the infiltrate ability (stealth)" Stealth is a complete different thing, infiltrate is an innate ability for them so yeah should be adjusted properly on the tooltips

92. Chaos Lord: I can't figure out how to research Daemonic Gift: Essence or Stature for the Chaos Undivided CL. requires T3

93. Chaos Lord (ALL): Research text says it does not research if idle. Not true, research continues if idle near LP.

95. Screamers: Tooltips say they are a Fast Attack, but they have the Icon/decal for Troops.

96. Screamers: Build button pictures a Horror, not a Screamer. Fixed

97. Screamers: Strange bug... They will start moving to attack any enemy visible on the map, no matter how far away. I watched a screamer squad fly clear across the map to engage the single visible enemy unit. I had not ordered them to move... They are just gung-ho! Intentional

98. Screamers: They can reinforce anywhere. They don't have to be near an LP or other building. Not a bug

99. Horrors of T: Don't say what type of unit they are... Troop? Fast Attack? Elite, etc? Need the proper Icon/decal as well. Currently, the icon is for troops.

100. Horrors of T: Like Screamers, they can reinforce anywhere. Not a Bug

101. Daemonettes: Like Screamers and Horrors, they can reinforce anywhere. I totally slaughtered Imperial Guard in their base with Daemonette overwatch running. Same as the other two

103. Plague Marines Fast Attack: Tooltip says fast attack... Decal/Icon says troops. Obviously it is a bit strange because they "count" as FA but are troops. Fixed

107. CSM Chosen Terminators - do they have chainfists or not? They don't seem to deal close combat damage as if they do, but their models clearly mount chainfists. Needs clarification. On that note, shouldn't lightning claws also be an option for them? Also, once upgraded to 10 men, they should be able to get a second heavy weapon - IIRC they currently can only ever get one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Non Critical
2. Given that the chaos tech tree seems to be based on the 1st of the two 4th edition Chaos codices, shouldn't raptors be Undivided only? Also, on a similar note, more fast attack choices are needed. =(

5. When sorcerors suffer a Perils of the Warp attack with Winds of Chaos, after the recharge period is over, you can't use the ability again with that sorceror (killing
him and rebuilding him re-enables it) NOT a BUG

11. The Chaos Flamers do not "catch people on fire" like the Space Marines and Imperial Guard ones. I know it's just a visual effect, but it would be nice to see. FIXED

12. Also, Chaos Bolters could use a little bit of a wispy smoke trail thing like the Space Marines bolters have, as theirs look pimp.

14. Basic noise and plague Marines can't be loaded in the chaos rhino, even though a full squad of basic chaos marines can. Hmmm, intended? Yes, Marked armies cult troops can exceed the 10 men so can't ride rhinos

15. Small arms (pistols - bolter, plasma, laser) doesn't seem to be firing while cloaked in cover, unlike rifles, lascannons, and missile launchers. Tested on space marine buildings using cultist and chosen chaos marines, had a hard time testing this on enemy units since the servitor seems to be a good detector now : D (though this isn't in its help text either) Maybe the minimum range is working too well for the pistols or maybe not well enough for the heavier weapons. Bolter rifles would fire no matter whether I was cloaked or not, but the pistols stopped when I turned on infiltrate. I noticed this because plague marines get chosen squads with heavy long range weapons, but slaanesh have mostly heavy close ranged weapon upgrades and pistols. The slaanesh wouldn't shoot at the buildings while cloaked, but I knew the "tactic : P" had worked with the plague marines. Feature, Infiltrate adds a minimum range to weapons of 20, pistols range is 18

17. Maybe I should wait for the manual, but basic noise marines only get one additional squad member (5 total) until you add a noise champion, at which time you can then fully reinforce the squad (12 total) Basic plague marines do the same, except they go up to 6 and then need a plague champion in order to reach max size (14). I'm guessing the squad size imbalance and champion requirements are intended, probably codex. They can only get up to half strength without a champion? NOT A BUG, yes its like that, follows rules of favoured numbers of 3rd ed 2003 codex

18. chaosbolter texture are the spacemarineboltertexture, don't know it is mentioned anywhere else FIXED

23. The HQ plasma pistol research doesn't apply to Eliphas, intentional?

24. Maybe some way to differentiate between the Aspiring Champion and the CC chosen when built... Chosen model is a place holder

25. Why do chaos CC Chosen only get 4 upgrades while Space Marines vets gets 8(or 9?) upgrades? Codex

26. Units in campaign are marked with Alpha Legion colors even though the army is Word bearers...

29. Campaign honor guard are still single units that can't be upgraded and can't have leaders attach to.

67. Desecrated Stronghold - Marks: Usual problems... "Artifacts" to "Artifact" ... "Forbidden Archive" to "DS" or nothing.

69. Mark of T - "Changer of the Ways" or is it "Changer of Ways" ? I can't remember off the top of my head. This might be correct, and my memory incorrect.

70. Mark of T - "Rubric Marines Screamers and Horrors" "Rubric Marines, Screamers and Horrors" OR "Rubric Marines, Screamers, and Horrors."

83. Raptors: "Jetpacks around ..." Grrr.. Noun used as a verb. How about "Jetpacks allow fast movement around, or over, the battlefield."

84. Plague Marines: "Can exchange their Bolters for Flamers, Plasma Guns, or Meltaguns" or is it "Melta Guns?" both are used in different places. Sorry, list order in the tooltip should reflect the build icons' order. (Flamer, Plasma Gun, Melta...)

85. Noise Marines: "Noise Siren" should move right or left on the UI. Either touching the grenade icons on the right, or fully to the left.

86. Chaos Predator "umbiquitous" "ubiquitous"

87. Chaos Predator... Like others, move the first available weapon upgrades to the right, followed by the later acquired weapons. Combi Flamer, Havoc Launcher, then the Las cannons...

88. Chosen Squad (Close Combat) Capitalize the "C" in "close Combat"

91. Chosen Squad (Both) - "learnt" should be "learned"

102. Daemonettes: After playing with Screamers and some other CC squads, these ladies seem a bit slow in closing on their opponents. Enemies break away pretty easily as the Daemonettes shuffle after them. Maybe they need the "Feral leap" type jump... If it is not Codex-y enough, maybe it should not add damage, but simply moves them a bit more quickly toward their target at the end of a charge? NO, their assault speed is same as any normal infantry

105. Plague Marines FA: Move the weapon selections up, if possible.

Post subject: ELDAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 pm 
Sacrifice

ELDAR

Critical
1. If you place a Web Portal near a LP, then the LP becomes cloaked and will not fire it's weapons. In the case of an LP3 with Brightlances and Starcannons, this is often undesirable as those are some pretty serious weapons. How about a button in the menu for the Web Portal to allow us to turn on or off the cloak?

2. You can research the 'stone' to build Fire Dragons in T2, but the unit is not available until T3. The stone should not be researchable until T3, as it is misleading right now.

3. Dark Reapers have no model for the Missile Launcher or the Tempest Launcher.

5. Bonesinger Teleport. The recharge on this seems exceptionally long. This is a hold over from when they hold really long jump. Recharge should be reduced.

6. Eldar aspect warrior research should be yanked. Fixed

7. LP3 bright lance doesn't fire: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=807

8. Support Cannon morale loss makes them unable to move

9. Plasma Grenades are over powered: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=747 Fixed

10. Autarch has 'run' ability, should be 'fleet of foot'. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=885 Unsure about that, read the thread

11. The guardians seem to just stand around not closing in and engaging if fired upon (When in the yellow stance, not the stand ground blue one). Their engagement range seems to be too short? May need tweaks in stance attack range

12. Webway Assembly: Add to Produces list "Farseer, and Avatar." Remove "Seer Council"

13. Webway Assembly: Remove line about Fleet of Foot.

14. Webway Assembly: Summon the Warhost: The Autarch can be build before this research is completed. Is the tooltip wrong? or is the ability to build at the Aspect Portal wrong?

15. Aspect Portal: Replace with "Produces: Dire Avengers, Rangers, Howling Banshees, Autarch, Striking Scorpions, Warp Spiders, Fire Dragons, Dark Reapers, and Support Platforms."

16. Support Portal: Replace with "Produces: Vypers, Wave Serpents, Falcon Grav Tanks, Fire Prisms, and Wraithlords."

17. "Holofields for Vypers" affects more than Vypers. Title should be changed. Also, does it affect Wave Serpents? The last two lines of the tooltip are wrong, they should be removed. Tooltip issue only

18. "Star Engines for Vypers" More than Vypers... Tooltip issue only

19. If you research Star Engines first, you can't research Vectored Engines. However, if you research "Vectored" first, you CAN research StarEngines....????Fixed

20. "Vectored Engines for Vypers" More than Vypers... Tooltip issue only

21. Tooltip for Vyper Vectored Engines says it allows "Deep Striking"... I don't think that is correct. Or if it is, I can't figure out where/how to DS those vehicles.

22. Support Portal: Tooltip should add that it allows Summon the Warhost.

23. Webway Gate: Remove first line of tooltip. Webway doesn't increase number of available troops.

24. SoulShrine: Tooltip description needs to be re-written.

25. Soulshrine: Pathfinder Research costs 750/750 = 1500 total.. Wow that is expensive. Is that correct? Yes, since it upgrades all rangers to Pathfinders, long rifle does more damage and they get a cover save of 5+ and gain the scout speed bonus

26. Soulshrine: Call of War Research. Remove first line about the Executioner.

27. Soulshrine: Spiritseer Research costs 570/570 ... Expensive if the only thing it does is increase the range of a few effects. Is it correctly priced? Or does it do more than is described in the tooltip?, that's the cost for upgrading all warlocks to spirit seers

27. Exarchs: Can there be more descriptive tooltips for what the different Exarch weapons do? For example, what is the difference btwn mirror swords and Executioner?

30 Vibro Cannon Platform: Has a line that says it mounts a "Shadow Weaver" Change to "Vibro Cannon"

31. Fire Prism and Falcon Grav Tank: Holofield Research lists all vehicles... Tooltip needs changing completely.

32. Also, it doesn't seem that the Fire Prism, or the Grav Tank, do not get affected by the upgrade that grants them a HolofieldFixed

--------------------------------------------

Non Critical
4. The Warlocks with Conceal and other abilities should have some sort of aura effect, even a very light one, to show that their ability is working, as right now it is hard to tell.

28. Dire Avenger Exarch Choices: Can you put the weapon selection in their title? Right now it just says DA Exarch... HB and DR Exarchs say which weapon each has in its title, not just in the text.

29. Warlocks: Can each different Warlock type have its different ability listed in the title, not just the text of the selection? Needed in both Guardian squads and with the Farseer. i.e. "Warlock with Embolden Ability" "Warlock with Conceal Ability" They are just too hard to tell apart quickly from the different icons which don't illustrate the different abilities. Also, could a description of the ability from the ability's tooltip be put in the tooltip of the Warlock? "A Warlock with Embolden bolsters the courage of his squadmates"

Post subject: IMPERIAL GUARD
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 pm 
Sacrifice

IMPERIAL GUARD

Critical
1. GKs have 2 different psycannon upgrades - it's unclear what's going on there. Is it suspensors vs. no suspensors, 18" range assault 3 vs 36" range assault 3, or something else entirely? Also, the icon for the psycannons is the one for the CSM missile launcher.

2. Hellhounds seem to be able to damage things they shouldn't be able to, due to the way they set things on fire. This allows them to damage Vehicle/Structure armor 4 and 5, even though an Inferno Cannon is only Str 6. FIXED

3. purchasing the CS should unlock a chimera in T2 (if you're using dedicated transport), as they can take it as a transport. Fixed

4. i've done some tests and it seems that AF squads' lascannons are bugged, they don't do the same amount of damage as HWS lascannons. can't be since they have the same weapon

5. ogryns can board chimeras even if they are a 10 men squad which takes up two slot per men (ogryns are bulky) and a chimera has a transport capacity of 12 men.

7. With the fallback wincondition activated, units run away when broken, but that does not appear to affect the conscripts (oh the irony). Probably were in cover or near a LP

8. Ogryns are supposed to max out at 10 models with the ability to upgrade one toa Bon'ead. As it stands you can have 10 ogryns then add a Bon'ead. Hopefully this can be recitified quickly if it hasn't been done already. Fixed long ago

9. Leman Russes' heavy flamers upgrades don't' fire. IIRC they do in last internal

10. I tried the Inquisition Doctrine and I've found that the Inquisitor, before he has access to use Holocaust (i.e, he doesn't have enough Familiars), instead of being Greyed Out, the Pink Box appears. However, when the number of Familiars allows the use of the Psychic Power, the non-gI tried the Inquisition Doctrine and I've found that the Inquisitor, before he has access to use Holocaust (i.e, he doesn't have enough Familiars), instead of being Greyed Out, the Pink Box appears. However, when the number of Familiars allows the use of the Psychic Power, the non-greyed image appears, replacing the Pink Box. Looks like we need new icons

11. grenade and melta bomb upgrade glitch: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=867 Fixed

15. greyknights dred can't upgrade to TL lascannon and plasma cannon.oh and demolisher's plasma cannon upgrade icon is missing...damn pink icons of doom! Fixed

19. Commissar doesn't correctly upgrade to a PP, the fist upgrade works and you can purchase the pistol upgrade, but the model and dmg, doesn't adjusted accordingly. nice new model BTW... should've kept the odl ones face though... so angry. Fixed, PP upgrade removed

23. The Power Sword upgrade for LT's and such isn't available for armoured Co. yet it says "Requires Doctrine: Armoured Company" when the tooltip comes up above it. Fixed

24. the AF "command squad" and the AF elite cap "coommand Squad" need reworking. WTf are they even and why are there two of the same things that have different costs and take up different caps? confusion abounds with this one...

25. Anti Tank HWSquads have wrong Cost Fixed

26. Field Command: "Produces: Techpriest Enginseers, Commisars, Command Squads"

27. Doctrines: "Artifacts" "Forbidden Archive"

28. When Inf Doctrine selected... Options buttons for troops say "Artifacts" and "Forbidden Archive," as well.

29. Field Command: Support Squads: Need some description of how many you can build. Also, they don't have an Decal/Icon describing unit type... Maybe these units fall out of the std scheme? Whatever the case, some sort of indication of build limitations would be helpful.

30. Infantry Bunker: Other Doctrine: Two groups are named "AF Command Section." Can their title differnentiate them more? Also, the tooltip for the AF Command Sec on the far right needs to be updated... Right now, it reads as a std. Imperial Guard squad.

31. Inf Bunker: Support Squads: The order of the units is different from the Field Command... Fire, Mortar, AT... in whatever order should be the same at all buildings.

32. Tactica Control: Wargear "Powerfists" for Troops can be selected when no doctrine has been chosen, then a doctrine may be chosen which cannot make this upgrade.

33. Tactica Control: Wargear "Powerfists" Tooltip says "Ar Co" required. Not buildable with ArCo.

34. Sentinel Squadron: Autocannon upgrade says "Chimera" not "Sentinel"

35. Sentinel Squadron: Las Cannons are available if no Doctrine is selected, and you are at a high enough tier. Then can select another doctrine which doesn't allow them. Tooltip says "Ar Co" required. Not buildable with Ar Co.

36. Sentinel Squadron: Las Cannons Tooltip says "Ar Co" required. Not buildable with Ar Co.

37. HQ Sentinel Squadron: No decal/Icon for what type of unit it is on the build button.

38. Armoured Fist Command Section: The Far right selection: When this unit was killed, my Heavy support cap dropped from 12/12 to 12/8... When I rebuilt the unit, the cap returned to 12/12. Is this a bug or is something unexplained in the tooltips? Follow up: When I killed the squad again, it didn't reduce down to "12/8" ???

39. Sniper Squad: Tooltip on scrollover is std Imperial Guard tooltip... Needs re-writing to align with tooltip at Bunker.

40. Sniper Squad: tooltip at Bunker says they are a six man squad, but I have 10. The tooltip mentions weapon upgrades? Maybe that tooltip needs to be re-written.

41. Grenadier Squad: Tooltip on scrollover says they are Kasrkins... Needs re-writing to align with tooltip at Bunker.

42. SWS Squad: Demolition Charge: Says "Super Stikk Bomb"

43. Inq Lord: Does not have a hammer when Thunder Hammer research is completed.

44. GKLRC: No unload button ... I know, this might be difficult to fix. I made the same note for Space Marines.

45. Eversor: Tooltip on Scrollover is not the same as build button. Also, he comes out in ranged stance... Can he be CC?

46. Grey Knight: Weapon upgrades... Has two Psycannon upgrades... What is the difference? One costs more than the other... Flamer upgrade says "Sentinel" Should be about GK.

IGmaniac wrote:
1)if you choose inf rgt and then purchase carapace armour for your troops, AF squads won't upgrade correctly.pics:
http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 000qp5.jpg
as you can see the sarge and the HWT wear carapace armour while the soldiers do not. All seems fine code-wise though, as can be seen from the unit panel.
FIXED :)

IGmaniac wrote:
2)ArCo's AF command sections can take 4 SW or two HW, codex (IA1) says they can take 2 SW and 1 heavy weapon.
FIXED, both AF CS and HWP CS, they can now take 2 special weapons and 1 HWT.............also removed the 2nd AF CS with 2 hwt

IGmaniac wrote:
3)ArCo cannot buy demolishers even if the codex (again IA1) allows them to be taken as heavy support choices (siege tanks) together with hellhounds and thunderers.
Well though im in favour of having demilishers in ArCo other mod team members don't.....and kinda convinced me to remove them.....feel free to start a discussion about that in the Imperial Guard Discussion Forum.

Quote:
4)if you purchase a HWs platoon the SCAR forces you to buy one of each type of HWs squad, while in the codex it is possible to choose any combination. There is also another glitch: after buying a HWs command squad you can then click in rapid succesion on a single type of HWs squad and buy three of them, however the SCAR doesn't realize this and lets you choose from the other remaing two types of HWS. If you repeat the same thing as above you can end up with 9 HWS having buyed only 1 command squad.
Hmmm i guess we will have to adjust the scar refresh interval then :/.....about the 1 HWS of each type well is both a SCAR side effect and a Mod team decision to kinda keep balance.

------------------------------------------

Non Critical
6. It was brought to my attention that sentinels gain experience very quickly by decapping points in 3.1, making legendary level far too soon. This could perhaps have an effect on balance. I'm sure nobody noticed until now, but it's too late I've spilled the beans.

12. Kasrkin flamer: When stationary they fire in a strange direction. We need a model OE tweak

13. Also noticed in the painter, a random see-through spot in the Heavy Bolter team blast shield. I also got a few parts of the team that are dead black Part of the ammo feed, parts of ammo guys backpack and other parts of the HB FIXED

14. When the armor upgrade (Carapace armor if I'm correct) applies to squads, the heavy weapons team's right soulders get messed up. Same goes when the upgrade applies for HQ support squads. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=881 Known Issue, needs adressing at OE and shoulder randomization

16. Campaign uses 252 regiment color scheme even though they are Kronus 1st liberators.

17. Command squad still uses vanilla command squad (priests, psykers, commissars, and kasrkin Sgt's) maybe allow the sash to increase the squad size by 2 instead fo give the ability to built kasrkin Sgt's? ???? i guess this is campaing related

18. Sentinel squadron uses a tanks shadow Needs adressing at the model lua

20. Speaking of the CS, the Medic and the standard bearer are still regular GM's, anything planned for those two? Know issue, new models needed

21. Were Sgt's taken out of standard platoons? Yes and no, are counted as regular GM cos has same stats and weaponry

22. Nice job on the General's model, he looks quite angry! This is the werst bogh Evah :P hehe

38. Standard Bearer: Doesn't have a standard to carry.

39. Unit Upgrade: Plasma Gun: The last line of the tooltip is a repeat of the previous line.

47. Vindicare: Not a real note, but a comment/suggestion: Is his sight range big enough?

Post subject: NECRON
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
Sacrifice

NECRON

Critical
1. To build a Summoning Core costs 500 pwr. Is this intentional or is it a leftover value from when they were a power-only Econ? Summoning core no longer exist in FoK Neks

2. Scarabs do NOT benefit from the Disruption Fields upgrade, and they definitely are not something that has 3 wounds. Warriors also don't seem to benefit from the Disruption Fields for troops. Am I right to think that those upgrades only affect Melee attacks? Their default ranged attack works against everything... maybe the tooltip could be cleared up a bit? Yes they do, unless you mean scarabs spawned from Tomb Spyders which they don't per codex

3. The Tomb Spider generates an aura in surrounding troops. Is this a regen aura? Should it be there? The tooltip should explain what it is. increase we'll be back chances

4. The zone around the monolith in which you can make buildings is very small compared to all other races. Since the Necrons have been standardized with other races, why not expand that so base building isn't so difficult at the start? Neks HQ are cheaper than other races, so you can get various of them without damaging that much you economy....having more buildspace, also for what you want more space if they can only have like 2 buildings?:P

5. The Disruption Orb does nothing to help Scarabs hurt armour and (Idk if this is a problem) they seem a little fragile considering they have 3 wounds? And the ranged upgrades for the Lord in story mode doesn't up the damage (not sure if it does anything during the game.) They are swarms, see the red dot...makes them take more damage, but benefit better from covers to compensate

6. Builder Scarab build icon incorrectly states they are the only unit that can capture points. They cannot capture points.

7. Builder Scarab tooltip also state they can reinforce which is not true.

8. Essence of Nightbringer says it requires Limit 1 Limit 2 Intended, 1 NB and 2 HQ choices

9. Nightbringer tooltip sounds like it still transforms from the Lord

10. When you give the destroyer lord phase shifter, he becomes invincible! :twisted:

11. occasionally the restored monolith won't appear back at base after being damaged sufficiently, making it impossible to defeat Necron. Fix this by keeping the Monolith even when the restored monolith is summoned.

12. when using Melta Bombs on the Monolith, the effect doesn't show, which is a shame as it's so impressive. They still do the damage though, so it's just a cosmetic issue. FIXED

13. Energy Core: Does not contain the research for the Essence of the Nightbringer. Remove last line of Tooltip.

14. Unlike every other race, Necrons do not get 50 req. as soon as an obelisk is built on a captured point. I just checked, and the LP for each race costs 100 requisition and gives 50 as soon as built. Necrons however, do not receive that extra 50 req. income.

15. The Necron Lord has no cooldown time and can be re-hired almost immediately after dying OR is he just gaining the We'll Be Back bonus?
I asume is the WBB that made him stand up once more

16. Unlike every other race, Necrons do not get 50 req. as soon as an obelisk is built on a captured point. I just checked, and the LP for each race costs 100 requisition and gives 50 as soon as built. Necrons however, do not receive that extra 50 req. income.
FIXED

--------------------------------------

Non Critical
Give Restored Monolith the summoning animation from Winter Assault.

Post subject: ORK
Sacrifice

ORK
Critical
2. Burna boys can damage things they shouldn't be able to. See Imperial Guard - hellhound bug. FIXED

3. The Deff Dread: when you upgrade to "additional CC arms" to increase his power in close combat, you'll see the weapons cycle through but they end up back on Shootas. I don't know if the extra CC damage is working. Stat wise is working but model hasn't extra pair of arms yet

4. The Killa Kans can not upgrade to the Kustom Blasta. It says it requires a research called Wargear: Kustom Blasta but there's no research anywhere in the Pile of Guns or in their own build or upgrade menus that makes this availible. The option is permanently greyed out. Fixed

5. The Cybork Body upgrade for the Warboss doesn't work Fixed

7. There is a bug with the big mek custom sheild, it does not give cover bonus to all around it. It instead gives negative cover bonus to all around it. Fixed long ago

8. The Stormboyz "Non-Deep Strike" bug still happens from Da Boyz Hut. FIXED

10. Settlement: "Produces: Grotz, Slugga Boyz, Big Mek, Warboss, Kommandoz, Nobz, MegaNobz, Deff Dreadz"

11. Waagh! Banner: Remove bottom line re: Ork resource.

12. Da Mek Shop: "Produces: Wartrukks, Wartrakks, Ork Gun Wagons, Looted Tanks, Lootas, Killa Kans, Deff Dreads, Squiggoths"

13. Da Mek Shop: "Red Paint Job" "Improves the speed of Wartrakks and Wartrukks" The tooltip says they paint both.

15. Da Mek Shop: The Wartrukk sometimes disappears from the build menu when chosen, rather than greying out. Actually, I think the Wave Serpent did this as well when I tested the Eldar. I only had one out, and then the icon was gone. Eventually it came back, as did the Wartrukk... When I saw it with the Eldar, I thought I was just confused. Now that I see it in the Orks, I think it is a pesky, super-sneaky bug. I don't know why the build icons came back or why they disappeared. Sorry I can't be more helpful on identifying the problem.

17. Da Boyz Hut: "Produces: Slugga, Shoota, and 'Ard Boyz, Stormboyz, Nobz, Burnaboyz, Flash Gits, Tankbustas, and MegaNobz"

18. Da Boyz Hut: If Stormboyz are loaded into Da Boyz Hut, they cannot deepstrike out. They cannot get out at all, or be killed. However, an imperial Valkyrie flies in and lands, but the stormboyz do not get out. The Stormboyz remain in the building. However, it is quite a bit of fun to drop in a massive fleet of Valks over your opponents troops, then watch them flee in fear.
Fixed

21. Ork Gun Wagon has a hard time with its "attack ground" attack. It will only fire into the smallest circle. Outside of that, it won't travel or do anything else to fire at the ground.

22. Ork Gun Wagon and Wartrukks do not have an "Unload" button. They have plenty of room in the bar for it.Fixed

23. The Wartrukk, after you hit the "attack ground" button, refuses to stop firing its guns for a while, no matter where it travels.

27. TankBustas: The Tankbusta Bombs and Bombs-Squig ability have the same description. What is the difference?

28. The Ork Gunwagon's Zzap! Gun doesn't seem to do any damage to anything, although the Squiggoth's seems to work fine. they inherit from Squiggoth's so should work exactly the same

29. The most obscure bug I have found (Don't ask how I discovered this): Warboss cannot attach to a Slugga Boyz squad that only has its Nob leader alive. If all the Boyz are dead, he cannot attach. The Big Mek can attach to this squad. I haven't tried this with other squads because I can't quite get them down to just the Nob.

30. Wartrukk Ranged DPS is 03-06. Is that correct? It took forever to kill the one Initiate remaining in a BT Crusader squad.

32. Tankbustas: They have the same "Smell evil, will travel" bug that Chaos Screamers have. If there is a visible enemey anywhere on the map, Tankbustas head toward it.Intentional

33. Tankbustas: When equipped with a Tankhamma, their Selected unit icon turns pink.

34. Garrisoning: Big Meks, Warbosses, Burna Boys, Kommandos, Lootas, Nobz, and Tankbustas can garrison into Da Listening Post. Grots cannot. Maybe there are bigger problems with Garrisoning... Who should be able to and Where? What does it do for the Orks?

35. Garrisoning: Only Stormboyz can get into Da Boyz Hut... (Previous note: They can't get out). FIXED

36. Garrisoning: Flash Gits cannot garrison into any building, even the settlement where everyone else can. FIXED

37. Settlement: Deff Dread says it requires Big Mek. I have a Big Mek... and a Warboss. I am at the top research tier. I have Elite, FA, HS and Troop cap available ... DD is still greyed out. Odd might need a serious check on his requirements

----------------------------------

Non Critical
1. The icon to build the Ork Gun Wagon has a grey background when it is enabled, but the rest of the vehicle build icons are white on the background. It makes it look like it's still greyed out and not available. This isn't really a bug perse, but something that should be standardized.

6. I was playing Eldar today versing Orks. Whenever my squad of Haliquins killed a commando it would flip onto his back and then become 5 times bigger and just stand there until they faded away. < - - aka missing death sync animation

9. Settlement: Grot Build Icon should be moved to the upper left corner of the build menu. All other races builder units are in this position.

14. Extra Bitz: Keep the order of Wartrakk and Wartrukks consistent when listing them.

16. Da Boyz Hut: A lot of ork troops are produced in ranged stance, but they are more effective in close combat. Can it be changed so that they default to their best mode?

19. Grotz: The build icon and the unit info box when selected say "Grotz," the tooltip on scrollover says "Gretchin"... Which would you prefer?

20. Ork Gun Wagon: "While being a bit slower..." Drop the "being," No passive voice. "While a bit slower..."

24. Deff Dreads: "Kustom Mega Blastas" Research - Second Line add an "s" to the end of "Custom Mega Blasta"

25. Lootas: Second line of their tooltip needs a complete overhaul. The grammar...

31. Tankbustas: The second line of the Tankhamma tooltip is way Borked. It isn't orky and it isn't English. It has grammar/spelling problems. It says "ther more vurnerable pats," among other errors.

Post subject: SPACE MARINE
Sacrifice

SPACE MARINE

Critical
1. Must create ALL 3 of combat squads (with sergeants) in order to get unlock heavy weapon combat squads. Intentional

3. HTL Sternguard at 5 men with fluffy leaders, if chosen a HB as its first weapon gets pink unit icon.

4. Terminators at 5 men with fluffy leaders, if a chainfist is chosen as its first weapon upgrade gets pink unit icon.

5. Hatch gunners are not an upgrade but always on the unit. would like to see them become upgrade much like the guard have them. For consistancy's sake. (Also ruins screenshots to do no texture atm) :( FIXED

6. Company champion will not get a thunder hammer. Tried everything.

7. Chapter master still has no damage displayed. even the amount he starts with would be nice to know. also the amount that digital weapons increases it.

8. Heroes: List of units that have no ability to level.
Techmarine
Vanguard assault veterans (Jump packs)
Chapter master
Hold the line Stern guard
When chaplain is equipped with jumpack he no longer can advance in level and reverts back to 800 HP and basic speed/stats. Prior to though he can lvl as normal.
Combat squad (Heavy weapon squad)

9. Stance attack range is causing some units not to fire at approrpriate ranges after upgrading weapon. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=967

10. for the ranged command squad, the company champion becomes a pink box in the squad after it's done building

11. Error on Master Crafted Armory Tooltip :Melta Weapons do not do Extra Damage they get extra accuracy like Thunder Hammers. Flamers get extra damage because on TT the reroll to wound since they are template weapons and do not roll to hit....that's how TL works for flamers and other template weapons.

12. The Librarian's psychic hood locks down all abilities (including grenades) for everyone, not just the enemy. Also, the PH effect was still pulsing around the Farseer after she was rebuilt. I don't know if it's just the visual, or if she was still locked down.

13. false mirrored war gear: extra armour upgrade for landraider crusader Fixed

15. Chapter (not Company) Banner have no inspiring aura. Fixed

16. there were 2 buildable sternguards, both looked the same and same price, but one required tactic: stubborn&hold the line which i did pick but he could still not be picked, (greyed out) the other i could get. Intended, New icon for Hold the Line Sterns for better discerning

17. Got me a group of assault termies and when i was reinoforcing it didn't stop with 1 guy when i clicked on the termie leader, you could get a bunch of termie leaders aswell as the ordinary termies. and when the team was ful (10 guys) i still had a bunch in the que. It didn't stop when it should. Notice that when i removed the guys that was in the que for beeing built AFTER the squad was full i didn't get the option of building them they were greyed out as normal. Same happend with the land speeders. Termies Fixed

18. On a side note, the upgrades that the Captain can purchase for his command squad imply that there is a melee version of the squad. However, only the ranged variant is present in the menu. Fixed, Tooltip edited

19. The Hunter Killer Missile, works perfectly. However, when I click on it, to use it, the Help Box at the top of the screen says "Click on Enemy Infantry to throw Frag Grenade". The Hunter Killer works fine, it's just that the Help Box says something different than to what I assume it should, considering it fires a Krak Missile.

21. However, one thing that I've noticed, if you fill up all the options for the Terminators, and then while they are reinforcing with Thunder Hammers, you fill up the rest of the queue with Lightning Claws, it will not 'grey out' the options for Lightning Claws, and as such, the queue will continue to build, but it will look as if you're reached 'Max pop'. If however, you continually mount them in and out of a Land Raider (or any Transport, I imagine), then eventually the rest of the queue will spawn. This should bring the total unit size to 13. Fixed

22. Now, I did notice a small quible with the Dreadnought. One its upgrade icons has a "pink box" icon instead of something shiny. Fixed

23. So, when you have the standard tactics with the run option, you can click the retreat option then run and you're squads will go uber fast. Like UBER FAST. Now, if you click run, the squad retreat grays out. While this may not be a game breaker (unless you can melee with the retreat tactics on to which I've yet to try) it'll give Space Marines's a huge buggy advantage in the beginning while taking points.
FIXED

25. Upgrading a devastator squad with 4 multimeltas gives it a pink icon ???

26. Purchasing the morale boost doctrine doesn't enable sternguard to cap points, although the tooltip says it does You have to build the new unlocked Sterns, Tooltips of the research needs tweak to clarify this

27. the ASM sarge starts with a PS when he should get it after FA Pwr Wpns research Model not updated yet, but code is fine

28. Vanguard Vets: The tooltip claims that they are elite but they are fast attack Fixed i think

29. In the Command Squad, normally you are limited to one of each member. However, if enough of the squad die, you can queue up to 3 of any of the leaders, and even when one has been spawned, the other two carry on building. It's an almost unkillable unit. That unit managed to charge a Listening Post, while heavy bolters, lasguns, Autocannons, and stuff were firing. Managed to kill the LP and suffered 200 damage. < - - this is probably due to SCAR checking leader numbers less often. FIXED

30. Razorbacks Helpbox/Tooltips says it Exchanges the Chapter Masters Storm Bolter for the listed piece of Wargear.

31. Chapter Master tooltip needs to note he can only be built once.

33. Need to rework that Landspeeder menu after they are built, there's 4 types of landspeeders that can be built, yet you can click as many as you want to pay for then when the squad is full (3), the tooltip says "-1 available" and the same goes for the weapons... You know what, the more I type this the more I realize a very simple solution to a very complicated problem. Just reintroduce the seperate squads for the different variants of Land Speeders.

34. The Scout Sgt, doesn't benefit form the power weapons upgrade (but does get a power fist when that upgrade is purchased) and the PP upgrade. Model has not PW, so neither the code

35. What exactly does the Scout combat blade do? the model and dmg doesn't change yet its an upgrade... seems like a waste. Grant an extra Attack, ei in FoK Increase Max dmg...if you look carefully you'll see that DPS are better

37. AM and Vet AM Sgt's don't upgrade to plasma pistols when the research is finished. Fixed

40. Senior Librarian still has the HP bug, he has less HP than a single sternguard!

41. Vanguard assault and CC squads claim to use elite cap, but use fast attack cap, fix description pls? Fixed

46. termie assault cannon fires strangely when standing still. Its almost always 90 degrees off till it corrects itself. OE problem.

48. All chapter tactics say they can be researched at the "Forbidden Archive"

50. Vanguard Vet and Assault Squad text says they are Elite choices, however, they have the fast attack icon.

52. Land Raider Crusader has an "Attack Ground" option rather than Unload. The attack ground actually works, but very slowly. That are the frag assault launcher

53. No "Apothecary" or "Sgt." build option in the Honor Guard that the CM poops out. OR CM's text says Apo and Sgt. can be built in this squad.
Honour Guard don't get apothecaries or sarges, need new tooltips

56. Smoke launchers say "Left click and target..." How do you target? I left click and it activates right away, without any effect onscreen.

61. The devastator squad has two icons with abilities without tooltip. Green icon is the auspex the other is a Signum

-------------------------------------------

Non Critical
2. No death animation for chaplain in cc just stands :( (If equipped with Jumppack)

14. some helm-variants for sm-squads are missing for randomization ( muah, i know, i'm a hardcore detail freak :roll: sorry )

20. Whenever you upgrade a Land Raiders Armour, the Extra Armour of the tank appears to be Red. I'm not sure if this is part of the Designing, or whatever, and I'll test it with a new Colour Scheme, and see if it changes then. TC texture missing

24. I'm not sure if it's a bug but when I deploy servitors/heroes out of LRs they kinda 'absorb' into it and become very hard to click but with the hero icons top left and the idle builder button its not so much a problem.

32. firstly the librarian. when he becomes the 'close combat monster', whenever I select any of his abilites there seems to be a fifty fifty chance that he loses like a 1/3 of his health. I actually had him die in a melee, and he tossed an entire squad of termies in 360 degrees. Perlis of the Warp, very intended

36. Assault Marines and AM vets in campaign are solid grey. Need blood ravens colored RSH

38. Powerfists are colored grey for all units except terminators. if for campaign, same issue as above the RSH is not finished yet

39. seriously, can we PLEASE make an HQ upgrade for plasma pistols... it gets old individually researching each PP for each commander each time i get them/they die and get re-built. No

42. Vet AM honor guard in campaign can't built a Sgt. Campaign issue

43. Vet tactical honor guard in campaign don't get sternguard Sgt. and use different color scheme.

44. Terminator honor guard consists of 1 terminator w/ upgrades, and a buildable Sgt. oops?

45. The traits need some serious reworking... the only one worth the money to buy is the salamander trait (MC hammars and flame/melta's). Maybe a new thread is needed for ideas to make the other traits worthwhile?

47. "Exchange Chapter Tactics for Feet ability" I believe you mean "Fleet"

49. All say "one more artifacts" Drop the "s," please!

51. Tactical Squad text says "Troops Choice" and "Troop Choice"

54. Chap. text says "Best Effectiveness when..." How about "Most Effective...?" Also, capitalize Chap. later in that sentence.

57. I will only mention the "Combat speed" tooltip. It grammar am badly.

58. Predator description say "umbiquitous." "ubiquitous"

59. Vanguard Assault and Van Vets have their weapon options in different locations. For example, the "Lightning Claws" are not in the same position on screen. Because these two squads have the same options, it is needlessly confusing.

60. EXTRA SUPER STUPID PICKY: Sternguard, Tacs and Combat Squad could have the same issue... B/C the Heavy Bolter is not available until later... Why not put the Flamer and Plasma Gun on the top row of selections, then put the Melta Gun below the Flamer... Consistent all around!

62. Land Raider Promethius (the command and control one) does not have animated treads. They don't move when the unit moves. Also it seems to do more damage then the storm bolter equipped Crusader.

Post subject: TAU
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 pm 
Sacrifice

TAU

Critical
1. Burst Cannons have to have something wrong with them, they do almost no damage to anything despite being S5 I believe. What are the TT stats and how were they interpreted here? THEY WORK AS SUPPOSED

2. all tau battle suits (except broadside) have the ability to deepstrike but this is not noted in the various unit's tooltips.

4. XV89 Honor Guard Bug: OK i already know how to get the honor guard by choosing a weapon ( Cyclic ion, fusion, twin linked plasma), and then picking a variant ( support, tank hunter, anti infantry) and then selecting 3 of the other battle suits. the bug is when the commander dies and his guards are still alive, when i bring my commander back i can't seem to reinforce anymore ( meaning i only have the commander and the remaining honor guard, leaving me with 2 out of 3 units for that squad. it seems that once he becomes squad the build icon to re-select the variant disappears. so i guess the fix for this bug is to keep the XV89 commander the same even after death. Hard to decide

9. Tetras cannot reinforce from where they are hired, bug leftover from when they were formerly at the Vehicle Beacon FIXED

10. Ion Cannon armed Hammerhead lacks tooltip

11. Ethereal can be rehired almost instantly after he dies, thus voiding the penalty brought forth by his death, a cooldown or such would be nice. Fixed

12. Cadre HQ: Should say "Produces: Earth Caste Builders, Firewarriors, Ethereal, Shas'el Tau Commander, Pathfinders, and Tetra Skimmers." Remove the last line in the tooltip.

13. Teachings of Mont'ka: "Allows creation of Hammerhead Gunship." Not yet... Remove the "Allows" line?

14. Teachings of Kauyan: Remove the "Allows" Line?

15. Aux Barracks is an incorrect description. Maybe it should just be called the "Tau Barracks"?

16. Aux Barracks: "Produces: Gue'vesa, Firewarriors, Vespid Stingwing Strain, Shas'O XV89, XV15 Stealth Teams, and XV8 Crisis Suits"

17. Aux Barracks: Should units be able to Deepstrike from this building? Many of the units can DS, but must travel to the Research Building in order to do it...

18. Aux Barracks: Should Stealth Teams be garrisoned when requisitioned for DSing?

19. Kroot Barracks does not allow research to "Path to Enlightenment".WHAT??? that do not exist in FOK tau

20. Kroot Barracks: Kroot Hounds and Krootox should be in grey from the start and only grey out when selected. Right now, they are invisible until the units are available, then disappear again after they are built. Also, they are not visible unless you have a Carnivore squad out. SCAR SIDE EFFECT, CANNOT BE FIXED

21. Research Building: Should say "Allows: Teachings of Mont'ka".

22. Research Building: Tooltip should also mention that it produces drone units. Also, it should mention that troops may be garrisoned into it for deepstriking.

23. Landing Beacon: Remove the "All" from the first line of the description.

24. Landing Beacon: "Produces" is wrong. Replace with "Produces: Piranhas, Devilfish, ???, Hammerheads, Skyray Missle Gunships, and XV88 Broadsides." The ??? Unit needs a title and description both in the building and in the unit tooltip.

25. Shrine of Progress: Should say "Allows: Teachings of Kauyan" There is no Coalition Center anymore.

26. Shrine of Progress: Should mention "Research Facility for Tau vehicle and Broadside upgrades."

28. Skimmer Upgrades: Flechette Dischargers: "... will be struck...". Tooltip says it is a stealth transport. I don't see how to make it infiltrate...

30. Skimmer Upgrades: Disruption Pods "throw" not "throws" and "Damage taken from ranged attacks is reduced"

31. Pathfinders: No longer have Infiltrate. Is that correct? I don't have the Codex, so I don't know.NOT BUG, THEY DO NOT IN TT

32. Kroot Shaper: Tooltip says it leads Kroot Hounds. No option to build a Kroot Shaper in the Hound Pack. Or should it say Kroot Shaper can lead the Knarloc?

33. Kroot Hounds: They have the infiltrate ability, but the tooltip doesn't mention this. Is it correct? I don't remember this ability in earlier versions of FoK. BUT THEY DO HAVE IT in 4th ed TAU EMPIRE CODEX

34. Kroot Carnivore squads also have the infiltrate ability, but no mention in the tooltip.

35. Kroot Carnivore: Tooltip mentions they cannibalize, but I don't see a button for it. DISABLED IN FOK

36. Gue'ves'ui: Remove the last two lines of the tooltip.

37. Ethereal: Tooltip says he has many unique abilities. I don't see any listed in the toolbar. Is this a mistake, or have they been removed? PASSIVE ABILITIES but arent that great and only 2

38. Tetras: May fire Seeker Missles before the research has been taken. WHAT RESEARCH?

40. Both Tau Commanders: Can deepstrike from the Research Facility.... Are they supposed to? A tooltip note would be appropriate if they can.NOT A BUG, TOOLTIPS NEED TO INDICATE IT

41. Crisis Team Shas'Vre: Crisis is spelled incorrectly in second tooltip entry for all Crisis Suit variants.

42. Monat Variant crisis suits: If the original squad member dies but there is the leader and other squad member still in the squad, it can not use the Jump ability anymore - the icon dissapears. I don't know if this extends to other variants of the Crisis suit, I'll test tonight.

43. CTD when XV-22 Squad that has no XV-22 is near a LP that just gets built. FIXED :D, issue was caused by drones not having the melee ext and neither a cc weapon

44. Sunfire Variant of the Crisis Suit does not have glowing eyes, like the rest of them.

45. in 1218 FW squads have the Photon Grenade ability but it is always greyed out stating that they need a research Wargear: Tactical Grenades - no such wargear exists for Tau. They have no grenades because of this. Their EMP nades work, though. FIXED

45. Fire Warriors upgrading to Pulse Carbines takes 10 seconds for a 0/0 cost upgrade.
Gue'vesa upgrading to Pulse Carbines is instantaneous for a 0/0 cost upgrade.
FIXED

--------------------------------------

Non Critical
3. Tau LP1s have their burst cannons firing in completely the wrong direction most of the time as well. I've seen the Kasrkin flamer thing before and it's the same deal, almost 45 degrees off from the target.

5. Shas'o Kais has a melee of 160-240 and a ranged of 40-50... Campaign bug

6. Sometimes a unit will leave a man or two behind and then they cannot be fired upon. Idk if this is Tau specific.

7. Pathfinders have a ridiculously long build time, is this intentional? Yes they come with a Devilfish as per codex

8. Shouldn't Drones be able to attach themselves to Battlesuit squads? And arent they?...unless you mean drone squads which don't and wont

27. Shas'el Tau Commander - Don't use "jetpack" as a verb. "Plants Snare Traps, which slow" not "slows". "... stealth generator, which allows"

29. Skimmer Upgrades: Decoy Launchers: "even if it is damaged" or even "it's" BUT NOT "its damaged";

39. Shas'O XV89: Jetpacks used as a verb. Also, I cannot figure out how to build his squad members. They are always grey.

Post subject: Re: MASTER BUG LIST
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 pm 
Infernal Tester

Might be a bug...

Power Upgrade for all races does almost nothing. With 6 gens, you get 60 pwr income. After researching the power upgrade, you get 62.. an increase of 1/30th. Considering it costs 300 req, shouldn't it do more?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:34 pm 
Civilian

Just pointing out the obelisk thingy one last time in case it was missed, since it isn't in the list.

Could of course be intended, but just making sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:20 am 
Sacrifice

what was the cause of the CTD?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm 
Infernal Tester

in 1218 FW squads have the Photon Grenade ability but it is always greyed out stating that they need a research Wargear: Tactical Grenades - no such wargear exists for Tau. They have no grenades because of this. Their EMP nades work, though.

The Necron Lord has no cooldown time and can be re-hired almost immediately after dying OR is he just gaining the We'll Be Back bonus?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 am 
Infernal Tester

Fire Warriors upgrading to Pulse Carbines takes 10 seconds for a 0/0 cost upgrade.
Gue'vesa upgrading to Pulse Carbines is instantaneous for a 0/0 cost upgrade.

This is inconsistent.

XV89 Commander Fusion Gun fires twice as fast and does damage twice as fast as a normal fusion gun, is this intentional?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 pm 
High Marshall

are you sure is the fusiongun...or the plasmagun?
XV89 fusiongun has same stats as other Crisis suits...they all inherit from the same main file. If its the plasmagun then is intentional since it uses the rules of Shas'O R'myr Plasma rifle.

Also please restrain yourself of pointless posts or discussing off topic things here

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:23 pm 
Civilian

Just realized an odd inconsitency (spelling?).

For most factions, you have to upgrade your commanders individually. For Chaos, however, firstly, your Lord doesn't have to be re-upgraded with new gear whenever he dies and your re-purchase him, and both the Lord and Sorceror are upgraded to Plasma Pistols at the Armory, unlike Space Marine and Black Templar HQ choices. Additionally, shouldn't Chaos Sorcerors be able to choose their powers?

Also, there's a similar issue with the Tau - the XV22 Shas'O gets his Missile Pods via research at the Research Center, which means you don't have to research them again for each time you re-build him.

Also, for the Guard, if you're playing Armored Company doctrine, and one of your Imperial Guard platoon Lieutenants dies, you can never get him back, which means that you're stuck with a max squad size of 16, only one HW team, and only one or two special weapons (IIRC).

The lieutenant issue was solved

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm 
Civilian

Vodric wrote:
Also, for the Guard, if you're playing Armored Company doctrine, and one of your Imperial Guard platoon Lieutenants dies, you can never get him back, which means that you're stuck with a max squad size of 16, only one HW team, and only one or two special weapons (IIRC).

It's not a bug, it's intended. You have to reinforce your platoon at max strenght and then get two HWTs in order to be able to buy the liutenant again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 am 
Infernal Tester

Melooo wrote:
are you sure is the fusiongun...or the plasmagun?
XV89 fusiongun has same stats as other Crisis suits...they all inherit from the same main file. If its the plasmagun then is intentional since it uses the rules of Shas'O R'myr Plasma rifle.

Also please restrain yourself of pointless posts or discussing off topic things here

I am very sure it is the Fusion Blaster. Its the short range one that's boxy. I can get a video of it if you'd like. I know the plasma rifle is a double-barreled model that has special stats.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:17 am 
Civilian

Campaign bug - not so important, but I thought I'd mention it.

If you get the Space Marine Dreadnought (not Hellfire Dreadnought) honor guard, clicking the unit in-game causes a CTD.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 pm 
Civilian

dunno if this is a big bug, but ive noticed that the tracks on the rhinos don't move

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:04 am 
Chaos Marine

Since I have been getting complaints for lack of a bug list and omg what do we read to figure out what the bugs are I revive this thread if you have a new bug feel free to post it here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:11 am 
Infernal Tester

Bump.

Add me on Steam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:29 am 
Infernal Tester

Its a sticky >_>

Forum idiot ;D

I got linkz yo'.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moshi/196706217098684
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/theofficialmoshi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:11 am 
Infernal Tester

Hey Pat there is a little bit of cling on texture on that chapter master leather belt thing. :mrgreen: right side I think

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 am 
Infernal Tester

Would be a good idea to remove fixed bugs? It would make it easier to see what is left

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:28 pm 
Infernal Tester

Personally I think we need a new master bug list as it hasn't been updated for 5-6 months...

Forum idiot ;D

I got linkz yo'.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moshi/196706217098684
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/theofficialmoshi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:32 am 
Sacrifice

Um....are you supposed to be able to train unlimited krootoxes until the button disappears?

and I didn't have no place to stay.

But I know I'm gonna make it this time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:03 am 
Sacrifice

Commissars don't seem to be able to use Execute unless attached to a Guardsmen Platoon (which, having no sergeants, seems to just execute the normal guardsmen). They can't execute anyone in Armoured Fist squads. Is this intentional?

Then again, I'm not too sure how the whole system is supposed to work, I'd guess that the new Imperial Guard codex has changed some stuff for the upcoming release...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 am 
Infernal Tester

Riotlung wrote:
Commissars don't seem to be able to use Execute unless attached to a Guardsmen Platoon (which, having no sergeants, seems to just execute the normal guardsmen). They can't execute anyone in Armoured Fist squads. Is this intentional?

Then again, I'm not too sure how the whole system is supposed to work, I'd guess that the new Imperial Guard codex has changed some stuff for the upcoming release...

Saw this too. The problem I believe, is that there is no "Execute sergeants only" coding done. Quite possibly, it's just the regular old rules but done half way since he can't execute kassies/stormies.

Add me on Steam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:44 am 
Sacrifice

It should be mentioned that Tau don't have any speech accompanying the "Under Attack" event notification. This is a bug leftover from Dark Crusade/Soulstorm but the "This prey has teeth" one would fit.

Tau get a "beep" when spotting a Tau enemy.

Also, when building a listening post, the listening post does not appear through the animation but suddenly appears when construction is completed.

When an Assault Marine deepstrikes, the sound for Flayed Ones deepstriking is played.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 pm 
Sacrifice

I'd like to add that the bug with ASM sergeants models not being updated, causing them to start with power swords also affects the vanguard veteran sergeant - both the jump troop and infantry versions.

Edit: Not a bug, intended.

Last edited by Riotlung on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:00 pm 
Cultist

Location: Well, lets just say you shouldn't look in your attic anymore.
I think the vanguard are suppose to start with Power Swords, then with the upgrades at the armory, next go to Lightning Claws and then Power Fists.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 pm 
Sacrifice

My bad, thanks for pointing out!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 pm 
Civilian

I don't know if this was mentioned but in the campaign I have played Space Marines so far and the Jetpack Marines show up grey no color The Vanguard Vets Bolter pistols don't have muzzle flashes or tracers they do have recoil the pistol jerks in their hand this also happens in skirmish battle too.It is on both the Vanguard Vet foot and jetpack Marines. Rhinos and that chasis class their extra armor is grey in campaign and Land raider Chasis armor upgrade the mesh is Skewed. The CSM female demon thingys show up purple glitchy color.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 pm 
Infernal Tester

The Campaign doesn't really work for 1218. There are crashed on many maps, such as those scripted, or requiring special things - i.e Fatal Scar errors.

"Do Be Do Be Do": F. Sinatra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:05 am 
Infernal Tester

No, there are AI Error's and script errors in many STRONGHOLD maps and one or two normal maps.

In Internal most people don't really bother with it, just try Guard, they have lasguns which can harm buildings like there lascannons.

Post subject: Re: RC 1218 Bug List
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:58 am 
Excommunicate Traitorus

locking this. still keeping it though cause there might be some interesting stuff in here about old bugs that could be worth looking at.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]