Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Livestream 3.7 Gameplay
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:24 pm 
Chosen

Streaming everyday of the week is too hard for me to do again. Instead, I can stream at least twice a week and this one should be constant up until 3.7 goes public. I had a lot of success at 7 so I think I'll maintain that.

UTC -05:00
New schedule:
Thursday: 7:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 PM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:56 pm 
Chosen

by bugs i mean the pink box errors. when i last looked at the internal it had a lot of bugs.

also have the chaos Militias being added with textures.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:41 pm 
Chosen

Oh yeah, there's pink boxes. I'm not doing anything texture-wise, that's not my department. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:50 pm 
Chosen

are they not to do with the models? pink boxs. The Inquisition LRs had this problem. it had bad models on it. I don't want to sound rude but although fixing game mechanics is one thing you also need to know AI code and understanding of how to fix bugs. I can do texture no problems.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 pm 
Civilian

So there won't be any steams today?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 am 
Chosen

For tomorrow's stream, I'll be doing something a little different. Instead of playing, I'll be spectating two people who haven't played 3.7 before to playtest and give their first impressions. I'll have Chaos and a second race coded. They will be in a Skype conversation with me but I will have my mic muted and give some commentary on the battle occasionally.

If this experiment is well received, we might do this on Saturday as well. I will change the poll after the stream to see what you all preferred, so please vote if you managed to catch the stream.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 pm 
Infernal Tester

I've got a better plan.

You finish chaos and the second race like you planned, release it for the public as a demo, and then everybody can try it out. You actualy save up work by skipping the streaming and commenting part!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:29 pm 
Chosen

How about you shut the hell up and quit bitching? I'm sick of your petulant attitude. If Fuegan wants to do it in a particular way, he gets to do it in a particular way.

I mean, the stream is a good way of getting people interested in the modification. For that reason alone it's worth doing.

So, once again. Shut the hell up because quite frankly, on the subject of 3.7, you are a complete waste of space.

My blog | Twitter | Steam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm 
Chaos Marine

*Pats Gorb on the back for saying what everyone else was thinking, but didn't have the balls to say*

On a serious note, Fugen is the only one really working on this mod. If you learnt to code and such then you could help out and then decide how to do things. But as it stands, Gorb says it best.

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:48 pm 
Chosen

LOL! Gorb, that was hilarious. 3.7 is almost done anyway, Onard. No point in releasing it yet. I already finished all the addons, all the weapons (needs some adjustments after a couple streams), all the rbps, 4 complete races of ebps, and will have all the sbps done by Saturday.

The only thing that's left are the 4 other races of ebps, most of the research folder, and abilities which I barely touched. Abilities are mostly inheritable and all I gotta do is remove activation costs, adjust damage rates, and standardize cooldown times. If I am feeling up to it, I'll make some of the ability passives but I don't know if I'll bother to get around to that, depends. I'd say look for a release next week if everything goes according to plan, which it usually doesn't, so I don't want to make any promises.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:56 pm 
Chaos Marine

So look out for the week after or the week after that, in case things don't go right which they usually don't.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 pm 
Chosen

Just to confirm, stream tonight at 7.

Onard wrote:
I've got a better plan.

You finish chaos and the second race like you planned, release it for the public as a demo, and then everybody can try it out. You actualy save up work by skipping the streaming and commenting part!

I'm taking your advise. Well, half of it. An alpha version will be sent to the people who put their info up on the 'Internals for 3.7 beta' thread. Everyone else, well you guys will have to wait a week or two until I finish the rest of the mod.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:35 am 
Chosen

Streaming a 1vs1 with Ark in a half hour, 9:00 PM my time. If anyone who has the 3.7 version wants to play, gimmi a PM here or on Xfire.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:44 am 
Infernal Tester

Hi.

Hope some people got to see the stream! I got a good first view on some of these changes, and I'ma be likin' what I'm saying. Exciting to see stuff like the limited power/low Tiering system in play, along with other economic tune-ups, and reinforcement changes. I think it's moving in the right direction for more interesting gameplay, even if we won't see some of the positive Codex deviations we need to make more units and options truly viable until 3.8. I can say I'm excited for a 3.7 Public Release, and even more-so to soon be playing FoK again without shaking my head at all the injustices in the world.

Not sure if too many people got to watch, on account of the short notice, but hopefully we'll get to have a rematch in the near future; and maybe even with more than just Necrons and Chaos.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 am 
Civilian

Hi, just made it through a game of 1 v 1 as Slaanesh vs. Necrons and the following came to mind:

[*]The Necron "Hard" AI had quite a number of pyramids. How many may they have?[*]Daemonettes failed to teleport in, they appear in the building but when I tell them to drop, there's a squishy sound, which I don't remember where it belongs, but it's not the daemonettes' old eldar voice. Obliterators (from same building) drop in fine.[*]I had quite a problem with decaying power. What it seems to do to the match dynamic is that it slowly becomes a dying crawl, like two boxers becoming tired and hugging instead of fighting (except, the AI, I suppose, still get plenty of resources.).The obvious reaction to this was to destroy power nodes over and over and build fresh ones - not sure if this is the behaviour you were aiming for, as I found the power-recreation a bit of a distraction from fighting Necrons.
[*]Pricing: Some units are quite cheap, the Slaanesh chosen cost far less than a chaos space marine unit and seem the better choice(?). At the end of the game, I had 10000 requisition and very limited power.
[*]Sorcerer abilities felt very powerful. I liked that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:41 pm 
Civilian

A few more things:

> Pink box on Tzeentch Defiler's "Fleet of Foot"...

> Necrons seem to be able to build any number of Plasma Generators (don't know if this is intentional).

> At one point during my game as Necrons, I found I'd lost the "supply" - units stopped reinforcing, units stopped building add-ons (such as the melee claws) as if it had been turned off globally.

> The daemonic pit (which spawns minor deamons) fails to deepstrike Tzeentch Horrors and the Screamers, again, Obliterators work fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:44 pm 
Chaos Marine

Played a 1v1 as Chaos Undivided against Necrons on Valley of Khorne, as a stadard anihilation game, AI on hard, with heroes and game timer.

1. All daemons apart from Obliterators cannot deep strike from the Daemonic pit.
2. You can't get out a Vindicator or a Land Raider due to them both needing the 2nd hq upgade, Unholy Monastery.
3. The 10 man CSM squad can reinforce when not near LP's, as well as the cultists.
4. Generators seem to loose power really quickly.

Overall I had a fun game, my first attack failed. I had six of the 30-man CSM squads, a terminator squad, two obliterator squads and a pred with the twin linked las, havok launcher, additional armour and the other upgrade which I've forgotten, CSM lord with the first two upgrades and the last one as well as the daemonic weapon and plasma pistol, three full raptor squads with meltas and powerfists.
Suffice to say that failed to get past the mass of 'Crons near the CP closest to their base.
So I went with Bezerker spam, six full 30 man bezerker squads, with chain fists for the AC and two plasma pistols for each squad, three full raptor squads with meltas, three full chosen termie squads with 10 combi-meltas in each and three full obliterator squads.
I attack moved the bezerkers to the farthest point away from them in the 'Cron's base, and while they were cutting up and getting cut up from the dozen 'Cron squads and destoyers, I deep striked my raptors in behind the 'Crons so while they had them tied down I deep striked my oblitoraters in as well as my CSM termies and took out their unit building bases, thus winning.

Obliterators are a God send agains the 'Crons as no matter what the AI threw against them, they could counter and I give them a 5/5. Termies are mine Oblits in my opinion, they aren't as tough, but their numbers and upgrades make them worth the 360 power that requires them.
Raptors and Bezerkers are pretty damn good at tying down enemies, and even though most of them died I still won. Bezerkers are a bit too expensive power wise, when there isn't much of it, but Raptors are fine I think.

If I could have gotten out a Land Raider and a Vindicator or two I think I could have won in the first attack, but I underestimated the 'Crons and eveyone died.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:52 pm 
Chosen

Alright, thanks for the input, guys! Yeah, I noticed the Daemon Pit bug before but I forgot to fix it. I think the Defiler needs a new button to be made for Fleet because it is activated now, rather than toggled, all fleet units are like that (I'll double-check though). I'll have to look at daemonettes because they should have fleet and have the same problem.

I was thinking that the Cult Marines may have been too expensive power-wise. I'll cut them down to need more req. Favored squads will be pure Req.

As for Power, this bring up a nice topic for discussion. I made the generators decay (they take about 25-30 minutes to decay to about half their income) because it's essentially free resource as they're pretty cheap to make (the first few, anyway). Player should have a choice in either making more units now or waiting to make better units later, making them any better and there really isn't much choice in the matter.

There are other alternatives, like making their initial costs higher and taking away the decay. Or I can make the decay stop at about half income, there are a lot of options to explore. I'm mostly just happy that power is being used and is affecting what can and can't be built, lol.

@ Discarga: Slaanesh Chosen look cheap because they require 1/2 power and 1/2 req iirc, which also need to be readjusted to 3/4R,1/4P. CSM squads require pure req, which means you could have built a ton of them to use up that req. I'm fixing the favored squads to be pure req atm so if you pick a mark, you'll have access to those. The power costs are used to stop super unit spam and force more balanced forces, otherwise we'd be going back to armies made of 60 Wraithguard, 30 Fire Dragons, and 15 Dark Reapers with 3 Tempest Launchers :p

Anyway, thanks again to you both and everyone else playtesting. I'll fix this up asap and hopefully get another two races done by Wednesday. I'll make a small patch when I get those two done so you guys can get the fixes and continue the good work :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 pm 
Chaos Marine

No problem, in the mean time I'll get working on the other CSM traits then the Nec's.

What will the next two races be?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm 
Chosen

Alright, making some changes to the power economy:
-Increasing the cost of the first gen from 120 to 150.
-Increasing the scaling from 60 to 75.
-Increasing the generator income from 1.0 to 1.2 per second.
-Increasing the power gift from 20 to 75.
-Decreasing the decay amount from 80% to 20% loss.
-Decreasing the start decay time from 12 to 7.5 minutes.
-Decreasing the lower limit time from 20 to 15 minutes.
-Decreasing the amount of requisition returned upon destruction.
-The total number of Generators do not depend upon the number of HQs any longer.

@Calgar: Probably BTs and Tau.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 pm 
Chaos Marine

Changes sound about right. And I'm gonna love getting into the BT and Tau.
Tomorrow I'll have a go at CSM Khorne mark, Nurgle mark, Tzeentch and Renegade. Then I'll move onto 'Crons.

Post subject: Re: 3.7 Alpha Stream and Discussion (check 1st post)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 am 
Chosen

Updated the first post with details of stream schedule and patch info for '3.7 Internals'.

I think with the lack of SVN, we can distribute the mod the same way I'll be doing it but with the real internals. I know someone brought it up before to do it this way and it's a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 pm 
Chosen

I'd like to access how ranged vs melee work against infantry.

General Bugs:
Listening Post upgrade health should stay at 500hp.
Reinforcing away from LP.
Generator revamp.

Chaos Bugs:
Fix all the Run! ability placements.
Daemon deep striking from buildings.
Vehicle requirements.
Cult Marine fix to 3R/1P and 4R/0P for favoured.
Cult Marine requirements.
Rubrics reinforce with only req.
Havocs change to pure req, no power.
Terminators removing Teleport ability.
Chaos Marks addons need fix to proper unit costs.

Necron Bugs:
Nightbringer needs more requirements to build.
Wraith needs Run!
Flayed ones to pure req, no power.
Recall changed to be able to be used while in melee but with a max range of 180.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 am 
Civilian

I think I've found a couple of issues with the Necron Destroyer lord.

The main point is, he doesn't seem to be able to take any wargear. No matter where he is, and no matter what my tech level is, the wargear can be queued but will never actually be built. So far, the only way I've found to give him anything is to select what I want and then suicide him, at which point all of the selected wargear is added.

A second point is the phase shifter, which grants him shield 3...except that, if the tooltip is correct, he starts with shield 3 anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm 
Chosen

Don't believe the tooltips... ever.

I had that problem with the regular Lord once and I haven't been able to replicate it again. I'll take a look at it anyway. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:57 pm 
Civilian

I had an issue with the regular lord too, but found in his case that the problem seemed to be linked to the number of listening posts I had built. The last time I tried it, he was able to upgrade normally once I had built two LPs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 pm 
Civilian

I beg your pardon if this has been answered already. Will this release be for SoulStorm? If not, do you have a current timeline? Thank you, your work is appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 pm 
Chaos Marine

Its currently for DC until we can work out all the bugs. Dunno when it will be for Soulstorm, Probably not for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 am 
Chosen

Alright, I haven't worked on 3.7 at all these past couple days. My dogs got some fleas so I had to treat them and clean the whole house (shedding didn't help either). I'll be getting up early tomorrow and fixing all the bugs everyone has found and hopefully have Tau coded by Thursday. The 3.7 patch will be pushed back to Thursday as well, unless I powerhouse through the code tomorrow and release it towards the end of the night; but even then, it'll probably still be Thursday just so I can maybe get that 4th race finished.

I forgot to mention Necron Phase Out being tweaked. They'll be able to use it in melee but the range will be hugely reduced from 1000 to 180. This lets them teleport pretty much anywhere on a 2p map but anything larger than that and they will have to keep close attention to their range. Thus, listening post harass to Necrons can be hugely effective, short of destroying the Energy Core.

Vehicle and Structure hp is also going down. Standard vehicles will have 300 hp, Open-topped 225, Standard squadron 250, Open-topped squadron 200, Structures and Super-Heavies 350.

Generators will be keeping their income of 1.0 per second. The power to req payoff was too high the way it was. I made a list regarding how many minutes it takes for each generator built to generate enough power to recover the amount of req spent. This include power gift, decay, scaling, etc.

1.2 ips (income per second) with proposed changes: 1 minute, 2, 3.1, 4.2, 5.2, 6.2, 7.3, and 8.5 minutes for the 8th generator.

1 ips with proposed changes: 1.25 minutes, 2.5, 3.75, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 9, 10.5 minutes for the 8th generator. This gives the player enough power to build the units they need early game for whatever army they need to counter but doesn't flood the player with power late game. This gives the player a meaningful choice between generator spam for a powerful late game or to hold off building your 4th and aim for a strong early game. In whatever playstyle, it looks like 3 generators will be the minimum you'll ever want to build. We'll try this and see how it affects gameplay on Thursday. Thanks for the input, 'Internals', and thanks for reading, everyone! Have a good night.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:00 pm 
Civilian

Hi everyone.

I can play online games as the internal tester, just write me @xfire slovahero.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:25 pm 
Civilian

Well, I'm not very good, but I'm happy to play a game with anyone who is interested. My xfire name is subspace5000.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:05 am 
Chosen

Btw, I have been regularly patching and the link has been updated. You can now use Orks with (hopefully) minimal issues. I haven't playtested them yet so if there's some big bugs, report them and I'll patch it asap.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:38 am 
Chaos Marine

I'll get onto it later today, as I've been a bit busy. But be sure that I might get round to it.

My digital life is so much better than my stupid real life. (If you know who said that then you are cool in my book.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:40 am 
Chosen

Idk, sounds like Daft Punk or something.

Don't worry about it.I'll still be trucking through regardless. I do a bit of my own playtesting too.

I think I fixed the CSM leaders and the starter squads for Orks are fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 am 
Chaos Marine

For the record its Simmons from Red vs Blue.

As if you would ever want to stop trucking.

And I'll be doing a bit of testing later, there's a few things I've got to do this morning and I have no clue how long they are going to take.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am 
Chaos Marine

Fugen can you re-upload the 3.7 thing, as when I extracted it Winrar said that some of the files were corrupt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:06 pm 
Chosen

I never took that down, just look for the message I sent.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 am 
Chosen

45 minute late stream. I'm putting the finishing touches on the Eldar and Orks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:32 am 
Civilian

im watching you, but i can't chat with you XD. anyway balance please, i think its the most important thing on an rts.

-Community->Networks->Broswer
-Choose strategy on the left side
-Move over the games until you find Warhammer Dawn of War Dark Crusade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:35 am 
Civilian

They played and that was all.

But im really conserned about the balance of this mod, if the game don't start to be balanced soon i guess this will be all about shiny new units but unplayable for multiplayer games.

This is suposed to be closer to codex i agree but not inbalanceded like codex.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 am 
Infernal Tester

Fuegan will work on balance. Eventually.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:56 am 
Civilian

I can help with the balance, well me and about 10 friends, we already have been doing some charts, and organization for roles. Cause i really think that balance is what keep this mod from being played by a lot of more players.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:36 am 
Chosen

This WHOLE update is about balance... That's the whole point of the streaming. We aren't adding any units or making any textures, this is ALL code. Necrons, Chaos, and Orks are pretty well balanced atm, currently working on getting Eldar up to par and then moving on to the other 4 remaining races.

The stream showed a lot of the coding errors with Eldar, which I kinda rushed to finish. Some minor tweaks and they should be ok. Also... did you look at the first post? Those are all the changes being implemented. You're not going to get into that level of detail with you and your friends. I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen, especially with little to no coding knowledge. If you haven't worked with luas, you're not going to know what restrictions the game has and thus, what is and isn't possible.

Edit: I meant the first post in the 3.7 thread.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:40 am 
Infernal Tester

Yobro, Hanov,

We have a much more powerful emphasis on balance, and a higher willingness to try seemingly drastic but necessary changes, in the overall 3.7 development than we've been able to have for a long time.

Believe me when I say I spent my time, basically, complaining "u guiz no care about balance, u jus want moar powah arma textures" in the past; I know the feeling, when you're playing the Public release and remarking to yourself; "What the hell was that?" every 15 minutes or so when a new flaw of the system pops up... But if you keep your eyes open on what's going on with 3.7, you'll see we're moving directly towards higher playability and better balance right now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:54 am 
Civilian

Lol relax Fuegan, First you are doing a great work, But im concerned because well i play alone this great mod rigth now because of balance, i know you are trying to balance the game, but (yes i read 3.7 forst post) there is nothing about some imba things that pop out in the game a lot.

Like Tau don't have protection from vehicles... well heavy in general until what? T3? i mean real damage to heavy stuff, so either Tau needs (as i said before) missiles ability to be used per scuad, instead of globaly, or all the other races need to be able to make heavy stuff later on.

Second, again you are doing a great job fixing general balance, but there are some specific stuff that really need to be fixed, like... now! lol, like Tau problem, Black Templars being super OP. Damn even the number of units its Op with them.

Third and last, im just telling you what we see is wrong with the mod, all the changes you are making sound about right, i just don't want you to forget about the poor tau (necrons already fixed and you said), and the OP black templars =)

Ohh btw my friends do have lua coding skills, luaUi lua particles etc. that's why i was offering their help (im an ignorant fool). Anyway thanks for the answers i will remain silent and hope for the best.

@Warcaster that's great news, cause this mod is the best looking, besides some unit excess here and there.

That reminds me, any plans on adding the units to the factions that have like 50% less units, if its not posible then what about removing the exessing units for some factions? (that's a matter of balance to i belive, redndant units dotn help to much)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:34 am 
Chosen

Patch for 'Internals' is up. I'll be streaming in 10 minutes if anyone is interested in watching.

Also, I cannot stream today at 9:00, as I'll be gone the whole day. Maybe Warcaster might stream if he's up to it and if so, he'd post something here but if not, then no stream.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:08 am 
Infernal Tester

Challenge accepted.

I'll stream a Q&A session, since I don't have anyone with the latest build to play against and there's just about zero entertainment from fighting the hopelessly inept AI. Will be taking questions about 3.7 and the future plans for 3.8, answering them as best I know (investigating in-game if necessary), and taking down the rest to pass on to Fuegan. You can rest assured that for each of those questions, I will endlessly berate him until I have acquired a sufficient answer in no less than five-sentence paragraph format.

It'll probably go up at 8:30 EST (half hour from now), but I won't really be doing anything until 9:00.

EDIT- Oh he does have the latest patch uploaded. Welp, if any of the 'internals' are around and have Hamachi fired up, I'll play whoever, too.

http://www.xfire.com/live_video/arkanepriest/

EDIT2- Stream over; and not a single question to pester Fuegan with. Disappoint.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:49 am 
Civilian

Warcaster wrote:
Challenge accepted.

EDIT2- Stream over; and not a single question to pester Fuegan with. Disappoint.

Sorry, I'd be happy to play - but time difference makes it a bit tough to make it to those streams.

In other notes - balance between Orksies, Necrons and Chaos seems ok, with the occassional odd fellow (what are the Horrors good for? I seem to remember them being a powerful ranged unit but have seen 20 of them blasting heavy infantry for very little effect). I'm currently trying to play the game i low resource mode and on hard core to have less of a mass hysteria end game and cause a greater need to care for units staying alive.

Still a bit weird with the shrinking power supply from the Power Nodes, since rebuilding them becomes an odd thing you need to keep doing to stay on maximum resources. I fully support the idea to prevent massive strong unit production (in order to achieve a situation where you have to choose what to focus on), but is it possible to instead apply the power supply decay globally or stick it to the HQ instead, in order to prevent rebuilding of power nodes being a proper tactic, I believe it would be a tad bit smoother.

There's still a pink box where the Chaos Defiler is meant to have some kind of fleet-of-foot or similar.

Great work!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm 
Chosen

About the mass hysteria end game. I think I felt that the game switches to spam too fast, even with all the changes. I'll try lowering the requisition income from the HQ from 40 to 30 and see how that affects things.

As for power generators, the decay loss is only 20% so you shouldn't have the need to delete them over and over. I need to adjust the amount of resource you get back from deleting buildings as that's pretty much the only thing making the gen deletion viable. Although, I haven't properly playtested the new power economy changes yet so we'll see after a few more games if there needs to be more changes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 am 
Chosen

As 3.7 is drawing nearer and nearer, I won't be doing any scheduled streams. If I am going to be doing some playtesting, I'll try to say so in advance here so anyone interested can watch, but otherwise I will not be streaming any longer. I have a lot of good news I'd like to share with you guys, but most of it depends on getting 3.7 done asap. I just wanted you guys to know that if I'm being quiet on the forums, it's because I'm genuinely busy with getting this done (for real this time!).

Regarding balance: The Eldar are going to be absolutely awful. There is just no making shuriken catapults useful with that deplorable range. 3.7 will probably be missing a few things like a well adjusted melee leap enabled by Charge!, icons, and some other minor things that will be noticeable after a few games. However, the meat of the mod will be intact and I hope you guys will enjoy the changes.

3.8 should include all the little extras and will be heavily influenced by you, the public, and your input on what is OP and what feels lacking. If you or any of your friends have kept up with 3.7 or FoK in general but have never made a forum account, this is a great time to join the forums. I want the FoK forums to be friendlier than it ever has been and with a productive and cooperative team. Thanks for reading and being so patient, everyone, I hope you'll find the wait to be rewarding.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next