Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3.7 Alpha Stream and Discussion (check 1st post)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 pm 
Civilian

Looking forward to the next update!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:09 pm 
Civilian

Fuegan, you don't need you thanks anyone. The community itself need to thank you and other modders for creating most epic mod for dawn of war. You and others spend your free time to create something for other people and don't get even one penny for that, and that's is excellent example of kindness. Like i said before, there's a lot of silent stalkers out there and we all dying to finaly play this. So take your time, there's no need to hurry, we will be waiting.
you all are the sweetness to us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QQbu5JEBc
peace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm 
Chosen

I'll be streaming tonight at 9:00, showing off the Tau and the rebalanced Orks and Eldar.

I'd stream the Space Marines demo if Xfire would read it, but since it can't, I can't.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 pm 
Civilian

Well i just played a game vs an AI me being Imperial Guard against Space Marines and noticed the chapel barrack was a pink box not sure if anyone noticed it or whatever so just wnted to tell you guys.

Children of the Emperor! Death to his foes!
Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the Skull Throne!
All is Dust!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:16 pm 
Civilian

Long time stalker to this forum, and I have been keeping my eyes on this thread for some time now, since i would kill for an update :P

So since there aren't any download links to the 3.7 for the public yet, I guess it have been delayed?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 pm 
Chaos Marine

No, its still being worked on. Really its only Fugen working on it now code wise, and there's only a few testers helping him find all the bugs, balance and general gameplay issues.

Hell I haven't been on it as much as I would lately but RL is screwing me over big time.

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:40 pm 
Civilian

All right then thanks for the reply. Will sit tight and wait to be able to try this wonderful mod then :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:03 pm 
Infernal Tester

Fuegan, I can't stop noticing you seem to be stuck with the ork and eldar special requirements you decided to add.

So I must ask you, does the game really needs them? You claim you want to improve balance, yet you insist in complicating the tiering system between races for no pratical gain besides diference for diference's sake. Something that previous FoK versions worked pretty hard to simplify and did solve a lot of problems.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 pm 
Chosen

? Orks and Eldar are done... what are you talking about? Tau are finished too. Chaos and Necrons have been finished for a long time... All I have to do is Space Marines, Templars, and Imperial Guard. Then I need to go back and update some weapons as there were a few things that came up (like S8+ weapons eliminating WBB because Necrons are broken).

I've had NO motivation to code them because I dislike those races and I haven't played FoK in a week. I need to play at least 3 games of FoK before I can get myself to code another race. I haven't patched the Tau in because I thought I'd get some work done, but that wasn't the case. I'll probably do the S8 thing and edit some other things now, before I patch.

But yeah, Orks and Eldar are in there. Eldar have Aspect Stones like in vanilla which cost resource to unlock, which allows me to cheapen the rest of their buildings, else they'd suffer immensely because they suck hard in FoK. They're probably the only race I can't fix by staying in codex, those shuriken catapults are unsalvageable. We'll take a look how well the Farseer can help them out when I include her back in the hq with Guide and Fortune. The other powers will need the Soul Shrine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:42 am 
Civilian

I saw an Eldar army cut through an army of Necron like they were butter.

But that was in 3.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 am 
Sacrifice

Location: you know I'm precisely between a screen...and a chair
Fire dragon rush ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:45 am 
Chosen

No, it was probably Dark Reapers with Tempest launcher... or just DR in general, lol. But yeah, FDs help a lot too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:13 pm 
Sacrifice

AH yes, I've completely forgotten that DR are the ultimate SM-like unit killer.

Thx Fuegan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:46 am 
Chosen

There, a patch with fixes and Tau has been uploaded. Sorry it took so long, there were a lot of problems with luas and the luaburner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:35 pm 
Civilian

Just informing you...
Whenever I play against an AI I get "Fatal AI errors" ????
I can't even actually play if there's a Imperial Guard AI and orks derp about 20 minutes in.

All is Dust!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 pm 
Chosen

Was this from the beginning of the first few patches or just the last one?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 am 
Civilian

I've been playing with Ork AI prior to the latest patch. And Imperial Guard if i'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 pm 
Cultist

I'll start today with His most Glorious Imperial Guard!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 pm 
Civilian

The "error" was the latest patch only I was fine before this one. Also im playing as all the races and can't seem to find a few upgrades, such as "da big Waaagh!" and other things that unlock the last tier units and upgrades.
Im not sure if its in or if i just looked over it.

All is Dust!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 am 
Chosen

Sorry I haven't given any updates in a while. Right now, I'm working on buffing weapon ranges. The new conversion is set to tabletop inches times 2 (X" * 2) and this carries over to everything. Movement rates, vehicle jumps, weapon ranges, ability ranges, etc. 3.7 may or may not see this buff on sight ranges, as I lost the luas for the currently coded races so I cannot edit that without redoing all the lost work.

What does this change? Well, close combat was heavily dominant with the reduced hp, proper charge modifiers, and the rapidfire nerf. Now, it's like I gave every weapon in the game an extra 6" range to shoot. This makes speed much more significant as armies will have a greater distance from one another. Using scouts and heroes, who have more line of sight, basically makes your army 20% or more effective at shooting since you can take advantage of your full range.

The tau will see a huge buff in their Fire Warriors since they can take advantage of this extra range better than any other race in the game. Eldar should theoretically be playable since their shuriken weapon range was deplorable. Imperial Guard always benefit from more range but this affects Infantry greater than barrage weapons since those always sit safely away from fire anyway. Imperial Guard will have a much stronger early tier than they did, especially with ability reworks like passives and toggles.

I'll see if I can gather the players to have a stream this week with these huge changes so everyone can take a first look. The Tau have gotten a lot buffs so look forward to that (Kroot are actually great units now).

As for my progress, I've been very slow. Losing the luas was a huge demoralizer but we'll see how that affects things since I may not need to go back and change anything for a 3.7 public release, at least nothing Corsix can't fix. My main concern is sight ranges and HP rates which may have me retracing my steps. Again, we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am 
Civilian

We all appreciate your work Fuegan, i am sure it will be fine when you release it.
About the sight ranges, is the double sight range game rule still in?
Could that be used as a place holder?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 pm 
Chosen

I wasn't aware that existed. I'll try to find an alternative somewhere but if not, I can do that instead. In the meantime, I hope those of you who can run it, are enjoying Space Marine :-p

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:11 pm 
Infernal Tester

Fuegan wrote:
The Tau have gotten a lot buffs so look forward to that (Kroot are actually great units now).

Useful Kroot? Impossible.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:18 pm 
Infernal Tester

SpardaSon21 wrote:
Fuegan wrote:
The Tau have gotten a lot buffs so look forward to that (Kroot are actually great units now).

Useful Kroot? Impossible.

Well Krootox were arguably pretty good with their autocannon styled weapons and relatively early availability.

The changes definitely sound interesting. I want to see how it turns out.

AIRBORNE!
Who do the Xenos fear the most?
AIRBORNE!

-Rally cry for the Airborne Stormtroopers of the 7th Imperial Cavalry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 pm 
Chosen

I'm applying changes to the Leman Russ Conqueror, the Thunderer, and the Laser Destroyer. These are not Codex units but are outdated Forge World units, so I will take the liberty of rebalancing them since the FW entries are grossly under standard when comparing old Leman Russ variants to the very same ones listed in the new codex.

Leman Russ Conqueror:
Old: 48" S7 AP4 Heavy 1, Blast. 145pts base.
New: 60" S7 AP4 Heavy 2, Blast. 135pts base.
Does not have the Lumbering Behemoth speed limitations.
Can move cruising speed and fire all weapons; has the combat speed ability benefits passively.

Thunderer:
Old: 140pts base.
New: 115pts base.

Laser Destroyer:
Old: 72" S9 AP2 Heavy 1, Blast. 160pts base.
New: 72" S9 AP1 Heavy 1, Lance, Ignore Cover. 125pts base.
Tanks do not benefit from cover in FoK, however ignore cover has been implemented as disabling regeneration. This tank will disable the target vehicle's ability to be repaired. Also applies to structures. This is the only unit in the game that will be able to disable something like that.

Hopefully these changes will breath new life to these units and they might actually see the light of day.

The Krootox was always good, that's true, but all the other Kroot are extremely useful as well. Kroot are very good at killing off dedicated melee units with their numbers. Knarloc Riders can close gaps and flank better than any other melee unit in the game. Goaded Knarlocs can tank huge amounts of damage and are dependable against all but dedicated melee units to tie them up. And Kroot Hounds build extremely fast, allowing you to flood an enemy with units to support your backline Fire Warriors if the enemy is pushing into your base.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 pm 
Sacrifice

Fuegan wrote:
And Kroot Hounds build extremely fast, allowing you to flood an enemy with units to support your backline Fire Warriors if the enemy is pushing into your base.

So they're supposed to have the same role as conscripts ? Why not.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:32 pm 
Chosen

Conscripts are one of the worst units to do that with now as they take the longest to build due to their unit size. Kroot are far better meatshields than Hounds, but the hounds can be spit out from the barracks quickly and immediately thrown into melee. The best unit that does this are grots since they have almost no build/reinforce time and have 33 man squads when reinforced. Obviously, you'd rather have Orks as meatshields since... the whole Ork army is a meatshield (lol), but the grots are availible now, not later.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 pm 
Civilian

This might already be known knowledge (and I know it might not be the focal point, even though I believe fighting skirmish AI is a very common way to play FOK ), but the AI has completely forgotten how to play Eldar. It seems to understand the idea of building Units and managed to get a building done - but no listening posts were built and all the units stood stockpiled around it's main building.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:49 pm 
Chosen

I've been patching silently and updating the link in the front page so keep an eye out on that for anyone with 3.7 beta. I switched the naming scheme but I think I'm on Patch 17 now. I coded the abilities for all the coded races and I redid holofield several times (which are still broken on Vipers) since I was experimenting with armor modifiers based on that idea I mentioned in another thread.

We're still looking for more testers, send me a PM here or message me in Xfire through 'the fok spot' chatroom. I'm not on Steam very often so that's not a good place to find me. My name is the same on everything, fuegan1431.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:05 pm 
Chaos Marine

I've got half turn comming up not next week but the week after, so I can get some testing done then.

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 am 
Civilian

Tested latest patch (A?) quickly with Chaos. Chaos units (chaos marines, cultists, havocs) no longer had normal grenades and would not gain them with the Armory built (Armory was built after Tier 2 if I remember correctly). They did however obtain krak and melta grenades once I reached tier 2 and the Armory was built.
Additionally, attempts to buy gear for the Aspiring champions for above mentioned units failed repeatedly. The plasmapistols' cost was withdrawn, but the plasma pistol icon did soon light up again and it wouldn't change it's number from 0 to 1. The same thing with the power fist (only tried that once on one Cultist unit though). In two cases, however, the Power Sword model appeared and replaced the chainsword, even though no number changed on the Icon.
My sorcerer seemed to suffer one of those hilarious "warp-i-cides" from trying to cast Doombolt upon an enemy unit (either that or someone on the opposing team did something to 60% of my Sorcerer's health in an instant.) I know this might be intentional, but might be good to report anyway since the event seems fairly uncommon. I was playing with the hardcore option if that matters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:39 am 
Chosen

Frags are passive now. Idk what could be wrong with the champions, I'll have to check that eventually. Perils of the Warp is more common but does less damage. He shouldn't have taken anymore than 50% of his health at most. You might have gotten hit with mind war or something, Idk.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:33 pm 
Civilian

Hello fok team. I Write here the first time. I liked two questions to version 3.7.
First Would you also like something similar Kaurvas of Pugartion with various helmets, depending on Chaos Legion.? :?:
Second And you can also install the Chaos Dreadnought. Because everyone has him auser your Mod Mod :!:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:50 pm 
Civilian

You guys have done a really great job with FoK project! Looking really awesome still! Carnt wait to ry out the 3.7 version. You guys <all dev mods> have made the play experience so much more fun and realistic to the codex version it's great.

Well done guys, top stuff yet again :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 pm 
Civilian

I can't believe this is going to be Soulstorm compatible eventually!

I love you guys! <3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm 
Civilian

You guys are doing epic work here. Can't wait for 3.7 @.@ My friends and I play 3.6 pretty much every other day so hearing all of this stuff is a massive encouragement. It's wonderful to see an excellent closer to codex rendition of DoW, makes for a real enjoyable experience without the need to dish out for the table top.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:56 pm 
Cultist

Hi! I'm kinda of uberlate to the party, but would you guys upload the thing again? Megaupload died, so...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:39 pm 
Civilian

Hello, I wanna to ask you guyz only one thing - will be ever some new version or update for this mod?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 pm 
Civilian

Fuegan wrote:
Frags are passive now. Idk what could be wrong with the champions, I'll have to check that eventually. Perils of the Warp is more common but does less damage. He shouldn't have taken anymore than 50% of his health at most. You might have gotten hit with mind war or something, Idk.

Okay, Frags are passive. Do they require research to upgrade then? Because Frag Grenades, from what I've seen, make Melee a nightmare for Imperial Guard. How does it work, exactly? They just toss them as soon as the enemy enters range?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm 
Chosen

No, they're just passive benefits. No animation. They trigger when a unit strikes in melee and have a cooldown for the next time they trigger. They now reduce healing effects (which is a significant part of the game, now).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:57 am 
Cultist

I know this is a LONG shoot, but anyone still have this patch around?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:04 am 
Chosen

I still have it on a thumb drive somewhere. If you want it, I can dig it up and upload it sometime during the week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:02 pm 
Cultist

That would be nice, yes :D

BTW I'm playing the campaign and have no issues whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:19 pm 
Civilian

So ever find it? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 am 
Cultist

Nope, no one gave me the link or the patch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:11 pm 
Civilian

when will a 3.8 be out any one no

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:56 pm 
Cultist

No. This is as death as the necrons.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:21 am 
Chosen

Oh shoot, sorry! I completely forgot about this. Okay, I'll give you what I have but you'll need some instructions to install as it's on my Dropbox. Remember, the Imperial Races (Space Marines, Imperial Guard, BT) are unchanged, they have none of the things I mentioned in my previous posts.

1. Download and install FoK 3.6: http://fok.dow-mods.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=4234

2. Make sure 3.6 is operational - patch DC, use a race unlocker, do whatever you have to do normally.

3. Go into the main directory.

Should look like something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
Steam users would look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dawn of War Dark Crusade

4. Rename the folder called "DoW40k_FoK" into "DoW_DC".

5. Go to this link and download the .rar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxi7ek4anosdo ... DC_3.7.rar

6. Extract the .rar to your main directory and allow it to overwrite any files it asks for.

7. Run Dark Crusade and activate the 3.7 mod in your Game Manager. That should be all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:57 am 
Cultist

Much appreciated Fuegan!!!

I must ask, are you working on this too?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warha ... er-kronus/

The mod is still kind of alive. There's an internal and all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 am 
Chosen

I was invited to join, don't think I'll do any work on it though.

As for this, I made a few changes since I linked it to fix some issues that I could remember. I'll merge it at some point. It's mainly reducing the overall requisition income. If you want to post bugs, I will try fixing them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next