Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC 4530 general bug list
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 pm 
Civilian

Holy crap, whenever I try to fire it up it takes me right to the desktop.

I loaded it after opening DC, opening a mod, ect.

But the bloody thing just sends me right to desktop, after it crashed, twice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 pm 
Civilian

I don't know if I'm the only one with this bug, but I simply can't produce relic-units... even when I have completed all conditions (relic captured+strategic point captured and all of the rest) but when I want to produce one, well the icon is just invalid and keep saying "Strategic point captured" even though I already captured two or three of them...help...please ><

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 am 
Sacrifice

Location: you know I'm precisely between a screen...and a chair
Units like chapter master and daemon prince and avatar of (Kane) / KHAINE >_< need a relic and four or more captured strategic points to be build.
If you see a "captured strategic" point on the tolltip it means that you haven't your four points, so attack, take and hold :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 pm 
Infernal Tester

Sypherion wrote:

Avatar of Kane would be awesome in FoK. Maybe if Traitor Guard get added Horus could add one in for them as a gift from the DarkMech, modified to avoid GW's IP restrictions of course.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 am 
Sacrifice

Location: you know I'm precisely between a screen...and a chair
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:08 am 
Infernal Tester

I curse GIMP and desire a plague on its inventor.

I was trying to create an Avatar of Kane by taking an image of Kane's face and slapping it on an Avatar of Khaine but I could not figure out how to get the damn transparency to work so only Kane's face would appear and not the white background that was left after I cropped out everything but the face.

Sorry guys. :oops:

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 am 
Infernal Tester

Ahem, ask Fleshp0int for that ;) he knows better

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:20 pm 
Civilian

Color to Alpha(it'll default to white) and save in a format that allows transparency. Keep in mind though it'll make you image slightly transparent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:13 pm 
Infernal Tester

Wait, which color does the alpha channel need to be for transparency?

Is it pure black (255,255,255) or pure white (0,0,0) that makes the image transparent?

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 pm 
Civilian

Use the color picker to see what color the background is and use those the numbers for your transparency. Color to Alpha can make any color transparent, basically it pulls that color out of the image and make it transparent. So make sure you use the right one, it defaults to 0,0,0.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:32 pm 
Civilian

I like wery much this mod and noticed bug which was not mentioned here.

When I played necrons and Imperial Guard in map Fok Victory Bay (6p) They couldn't fight/shoot against enemies in water, they just stands like nothing happens when they are getting killed. Same thing in map Testing Grounds (6p) I played Imperial Guard and same problem, they can't fight against enemies in water while AI can. Anyone else got this same problem? I didn't notice this bug in version 3.5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:11 pm 
Civilian

Oh hello, i have been following fok for a quite long time, i would have been here earlier but apparently my email has been used by spammers, so i decided to get a new account and vóla here i am, since i just registered i haven't had a chance to take a look at the latest build.
But alas in the latest moddb build that dosen't need a password (is it 3.6?) the chaos ai seems to a little bugged. As the game starts the ai activates the speed build ability and the heretic dies more or less soon, as they don't bother to get a new builder unit they're quite (how should i say?) passive? since they don't do anything and the single squad they spawn with dies withing 10 seconds of first contact. Ofcourse i'm not sure has it been fixed in the latest build but i sure hope so.

I'm sorry if this is already looked upon and fixed but... yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 pm 
Infernal Tester

Mine fields seem to get a healing aura when built near an HQ structure that has researched the healing upgrade.

AIRBORNE!
Who do the Xenos fear the most?
AIRBORNE!

-Rally cry for the Airborne Stormtroopers of the 7th Imperial Cavalry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:41 am 
Civilian

Merkkari wrote:
I like wery much this mod and noticed bug which was not mentioned here.

When I played necrons and Imperial Guard in map Fok Victory Bay (6p) They couldn't fight/shoot against enemies in water, they just stands like nothing happens when they are getting killed. Same thing in map Testing Grounds (6p) I played Imperial Guard and same problem, they can't fight against enemies in water while AI can. Anyone else got this same problem? I didn't notice this bug in version 3.5

Ive seen it also seems to only cause linear weapons because anything with a trajectory like mortars, grenades and ordinance platforms can fire just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm 
Civilian

hey all I have this prbolem ehrn im trying to extarxt the the 3.6 beta using winrar. it extracts like 95% of the data then fails. somtinh to do with "black templars (wrong password" message

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm 
Infernal Tester

Price of LoS...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 pm 
Civilian

Ok i have a few errors to report, only 1 i managed to screenshot

the errors took place on a new FOK 8player map (well designed i must say), when i find the name i will edit this, me (imperial guard) and black templars vs necrons and marines vs chaos and orks vs eldar and tau, someone a while back mentioned the A.I. for chaos only works on 1v1 or 2v2, that is wrong as it worked perfectly on the new FOK 8 player maps

there is also the standard shoot through wall thing, i screenshotted this but i don't really need to show it as that's always been in DOW, however the necron A.I. failed to move away from my listening post which was shooting through a wall, they sat there for 5 minutes while my listening post cut them down

another on the same map was an error with the black templars, my ally, they decided to come into my base and the A.I. was probably programmed to attack me at this point, they didn't, they walked through my troops (who moved out of the way of their predator) and stood by a listening post of mine, they stood there for a good minute, roughly the time taken to capture the listening post and then exited my base, course they didn't get the strategic point, also in the same map, after 1 hour i had not been attacked once, all the other players do is just patrol their captured points and try to fight for the one in the centre, however the black templar A.I. is the only one NOT to do this, they attack straight for the enemies base but the necron A.I. ignores this and walks past leaving their listening posts to defend (successfully)

also on a free for all on abbots hill it was Me (Imperial Guard) vs Tau vs Orks vs Necrons, in the whole game the tau were the only to attack and the second the first shot was fired by me the game closed with an error

good luck in sorting these bugs and the abbots hill map is amazin btw :)

In may there are regional painting competitions - the silver snotling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:03 pm 
Civilian

UlrikX wrote:
Within the Army Painter I have noticed that changing the colour scheme from the dropdown menu not only changes the scheme it also randomizes the unit being displayed at the time.

you just noticed? well done! that's in FOK 3.5 too and i like it like that, no big change really and its probably meant to do that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:21 pm 
Civilian

soz bout triple post but this is to get your attention on another bug

now the banner on the SP is a marine one... next to it are the marines, im capturing it, oddly enough... they are my allies and they did it to me when i captured it, so when they captured it i started recapturing it, sadly the scouts returned to recapture it :/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:17 pm 
Civilian

Awesome job on this mod guys :)

I don't have too many complaints...well they are really complaints but some may find slightly annoying :3

- Extra loading times...for Everything!: Yea I know it's a big mod but...it slows down the DC even while I'm not in FoK...which I found a tiny bit annoying but nothing I couldn't put up with.

- Some units just stand there when ordered to attack: I wasn't too sure if this was a bug or not...probably isn't but...yea. It occurred while using the Black Templars (thought I might as well check 'em out 'coz they looked sexy ;) Anyways...I was just an easy Tau AI and sometimes ('sometimes' as in it didn't happen like "HOLY SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!!! 100%!!!" but occasionally here and there) a Crusader Squad, when asked to attack another squad, would attack for abit and then sort of stand there getting attack...I dunno if I did something or w/e but yea happened every so often.

- Weird weapon switch when upgrading weapons: Not sure if this is a glitch embedded in DoW but whenever I upgraded a weapon (in this instance it was the twin laser gun on a Razorback) as soon as it upgraded it switched to a 'flame turret thing' then quickly changed to the gun I wanted. Again nothing big, just a bit odd.

- Some of the FoK map thumbnails on the Skirmish map selection screen don't have player placements on them *Sad face :'(* (Example '[FoK] Urban Assault 4p') Oh well :3.

- Some of the FoK map thumbnails have either really hard to read and small player placement digits on them...others have reeaaallly huge ones on them. Not like I really care...but w/e :).

- Some don't have thumbnails at all (I know I know...I'll stop now)

- Weird clipping animation of stationary squad when firing at enemies running around them: This happened when my squad of (Space Marines) Tactical marines just captured a relic and were firing upon a nearby (Imperial Guard) squad that were running. They sort of turned to fire but started to jerk weirdly and their fire would continue to start and stop as they moved. Whether this is meant to be I dunno.

Well without dragging on for tiny little things that really don't matter I'll just end it here.

And I understand that this is a beta of a 'beta' blah blah blah, I'm just stating what I've found. And if you have cared enough to read this far about my post, then you can care just a little bit more to not reply spam "SOMEONE ALREADY POSTED THIS" or any other crap like that.

Other than these bugs or glitches, that may or may not even be bugs, I love this mod...I basically screams out "Make me into an expansion!!!!. *Glares at Relic & THQ & every other affiliate*" If I didn't download it myself I wouldn't believe it's a mod. It's balanced to the sh!t, awesome skins and voices, maps are awesome too :D. But yea keep up the good work ^-^.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 pm 
Civilian

some of the maps stuff isn't FOKs fault, they have maps from other peoples map packs i believe

the extra loading time they can't help, you just need a better comp ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:27 am 
Civilian

Well...my comp is fair decent and it's not like it gets bogged down just because the mod is there...I have just noticed that there is an extra...maybe 5 seconds of load time :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:46 am 
Civilian

lol i get an extra 2 mins... more time to go on here ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 am 
Infernal Tester

Quote:
- Weird clipping animation of stationary squad when firing at enemies running around them: This happened when my squad of (Space Marines) Tactical marines just captured a relic and were firing upon a nearby (Imperial Guard) squad that were running. They sort of turned to fire but started to jerk weirdly and their fire would continue to start and stop as they moved. Whether this is meant to be I dunno.

They may have wanted to deploy their Heavy Weapons then shoot, but the target run out every time they've stopped to start the deploying. Use your micro to control that.
Quote:
lol i get an extra 2 mins... more time to go on here ^^

2 mins with or without FoK? He said that FoK slowed down vanilla DC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:54 am 
Civilian

yh, takes me 2 mins longer, it is slightly shorter cos of update, gettin rid of steel legion and the old FOK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:59 am 
Sacrifice

I might have the name wrong, but I'm pretty sure the map I'm inquiring is called Stormgrad. It's a texture issue, I think. What's up with the large pink/purple question marks in circles? One of my other friends who has the mod had tried to explain it to me, but he didn't seem to make much sense. I'm just pointing it out in the event that it is, in fact, a bug and not some awesome feature that I don't know anything about (as my friend implied).

That aside, AMAZING mod. The skirmishes I've played since downloading the new build are among the best RTS skirmishes I've ever played, not even kidding. Thank you all (the FoK team) for all the time and effort that certainly goes into the project, and congratulations on such an astounding product!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:24 pm 
Infernal Tester

That's not mod bug, that's absence of one of the decals (aka "natural objects") with the map.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:59 pm 
Civilian

Ulfgard the Unmaker wrote:
That aside, AMAZING mod.

yep that's a bug alright, its actually an almightily great mod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 pm 
Sacrifice

Helbrecht wrote:
That's not mod bug, that's absence of one of the decals (aka "natural objects") with the map.

Alright. I actually kinda suspected it was something like that, but I just thought I would check. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:22 am 
Civilian

Great Mod guys, i'll tell you If i find any glitches

Last edited by Jameshaich on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:38 pm 
Civilian

Great mod guys, Bravo i Love it
But I don't know if THIS is a glitch or just a fail on my part
But i Went the Imperial against the chaos, i got the grey knights dreadnought and sent him in alone
And he didn't lose any HP, he had about 6 squads chasing him shooting him with flamers, bolters etc.
I didn't manage to get a pic
But He eventually lost 1hp when the armoury he was destorying blew up
I don't know if this is a glitch though, because cause don't tend to use vehicles or anti-vehicle weaponry
So uhhh....reply please

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:43 pm 
Infernal Tester

Flamers and bolters can't hurt a Dreadnought since its armor rating is too high for them to hurt. It would be like firing a flamethrower at an MBT and expecting it to have any meaningful damage that inhibits its ability to blow **** up.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:46 pm 
Civilian

haha, thanks
The chaos should be using their anti-vehicle weaponry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:24 pm 
Civilian

I've played a few more games and noticed some other stuff
I don't know why but whenever i try to repair sentinels, the builder just walks into the middle of them and stands still, and doesn't repair them
Whenever i try to take a SP my allies can just walk up and build over them and steal them
And the bloodletters of khorne, some have normal axes then other have a sort of black with white lines, like it wasn't animated

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:00 pm 
Infernal Tester

Unfortunately the engine only allows a single vehicle to be repaired per squad, so Sentinels and other vehicles that come in squadrons have a slow regeneration rate outside of combat. I'm not sure if anything can speed it up, like how soldiers heal faster near HQ's and LP's after the researches.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:10 pm 
Infernal Tester

Quote:
Whenever i try to take a SP my allies can just walk up and build over them and steal them

Read the thread from the beginning, this is NOT a bug but an engine "feature".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:45 am 
Infernal Tester

DoLhades wrote:
soz bout triple post but this is to get your attention on another bug

now the banner on the SP is a marine one... next to it are the marines, im capturing it, oddly enough... they are my allies and they did it to me when i captured it, so when they captured it i started recapturing it, sadly the scouts returned to recapture it :/

Awwww...I kind of like the banner myself.

I'm loading the latest update now. May be posting some more later on. I'll need an admin to grant me "Inner Circle" rights again, unless there's parts of these forums that have been deliberately left to the warp.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 am 
Sacrifice

Two little things I've found:

1.) When playing in Assassinate mode, if you upgrade the BT Castellan or Space Marines Captain with the jetpack, it counts him as dead and you auto-fail.

2.) I'm aware that Castle Ruosteinen and the minor titan weapons were already discussed, but are they supposed to only appear for the Imperial Guard? I've played through the map as all races, and they only seem to exist for the Guard.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 am 
Infernal Tester

1. It actually kills the hero, so it's intended. Same is for Heroes mod.
2. They are world-owned, so unstable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:27 am 
Sacrifice

Helbrecht wrote:
1. It actually kills the hero, so it's intended. Same is for Heroes mod.

..........? Ok then. That would be a legit reason. Out of curiosity, does it kill him because the rules say it does, or is it an engine thing? Regardless, it certainly does explain the problem. Should that maybe be in the tooltips?

Helbrecht wrote:
2. They are world-owned, so unstable.

Fair enough. I remember reading a post saying they just weren't there, but then they came back, and I figured I'd try to pin it down to something a bit more specific.

Thanks for the explanations. They are appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:21 am 
Infernal Tester

Quote:
..........? Ok then. That would be a legit reason. Out of curiosity, does it kill him because the rules say it does, or is it an engine thing? Regardless, it certainly does explain the problem. Should that maybe be in the tooltips?

Their jumppack abilities cannot be enabled/disabled on one entity, they require two separate entities.
Ahem, what rule, you can't ADD jumppacks on the battlefield in TT :D
Tooltips say that you need to buy jumppack before everything atm.; SCAR code may be modified to look for jump-pack version of the commander after the first one is killed, but that is low priority atm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:06 am 
Infernal Tester

lol that is so unclear Helbrecht. It kills him because its technicaly swapping the model, not changing it. As for rules...no, its an engine limitation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:09 am 
Sacrifice

That actually makes a lot more sense, now that you've explained it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:28 pm 
Civilian

Help: Does Multiplayer work because it does not function when i used the Lan please answer... :(

Last edited by ligerx45 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:47 am 
Civilian

I may have no idea what I'm talking about (it happens a lot) but with the sergeant upgrades, it doesn't grey out the other options when you select one.

For example, and in truth this is the only race I've had a chance to test it with, When you choose the power fist for the SPESS MEHREEN! tactical squad sergeant, you can still upgrade with the power sword as well. There's no change to the model, and beyond that I don't know if anything else changes, but it's still weird. Maybe it's an engine limitation, in which case it's up to the player to pay attention.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:36 am 
Infernal Tester

These are abilities, not upgrades, so they can't be greyed out. Will be (or is) fixed in Soulstorm version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 am 
Infernal Tester

Helbrecht wrote:
These are abilities, not upgrades, so they can't be greyed out. Will be (or is) fixed in Soulstorm version.

So if we take both, does one override the other?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:02 pm 
Civilian

I don't know if anyone else had noticed or if it is just my game, but the T'au Sept in my game have not Emblem on their shoulders every other tau army has one but the oringinal? any fixes?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:04 pm 
Civilian

Has anyone else noticed that the tau sept have no shoulder emblem? or is this just my version? all other races have the emblem but tau sept

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:34 am 
Civilian

This was probably addressed already, but I can't play against Tau AI. Eventually they do SOMETHING that causes a crash. /shrugs/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next