Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RC 4530
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:01 pm 
High Marshall

Megaupload Download Link: Banned by the Imperial Inquisition
ModDB Download Link: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/23967
Password: red unz goes fasta!

Grab it while is HOT!
And for the Love of God(s) please read the rest of the post before Downloading., this might save you and us a lot of time.

Installation:
- Save the Dow40k_foK.rar file in your Dark Crusade main directory.
eg for WinXP "C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\"
eg for Vista "C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\"
eg for Win7 "C:\x86 Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\"
these are just examples of the default folder paths that DoW DC is installed, however make yourself sure where you installed DC and save the file in there.

- Use either 7Zip, Winrar or Winzip to extract the .rar content.
For Winrar, right-click on the Dow40k_foK.rar file and in the popup menu click Extract Here winrar will ask you for the password, introduce it and accept, the mod should extract itself all fine.

Mod Folder: DoW40k_FoK
Module: DoW40k_FoK.module

- After extraction is completed make sure your DoW DC is patched to the latest version, v1.2, if not you can download the patches from here

- Run Dark Crusade and then in main menu select the Game Manager, you will see a list where DoW40k Public Release 3.6 should be, click to select it and then click on the "Activate" button bellow. The mod will load and from now on everytime you launch DC it will automatically load FoK.

- Ok if you followed all these steps you should have succesfully installed FoK 3.6 and can now play and enjoy it.

Keep reading!

This is a standalone version, doesn't need FoK 3.5 at all.

DO NOT MERGE 3.5 with this!!! as it will cause funky stuff and most probably make the mod unplayable.
DO NOT CHANGE the mod folder name! unless you clearly now what you're doing, if the mod doesn't work afterward is your fault and not ours.

Known Issues: AI is nowhere perfect, remember this is a release candidate, not the full FoK 3.6 final release, some CTD might occur when playing on 6 or more players maps with AI allies, we still havent found the cause of this, so your help on finding this bug will be apreciated :)

Watch this space for updates and more info

Post subject: Re: RC 4530
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:45 am 
Civilian

Hi

I'm new in the community. I had already downloaded the 3.5 version of the mod some months ago and I just love it. Somebody told me about the 3.6 version of this awesome mod and I made an account and everything. The thing is that in the game manager window the 3.6 public mod doesn't appear anywhere to be activated.

If any info can help me. I unistalled the 3.5 mod first; downloaded the 3.6 version, placed it on my dark crusade folder, extracted it and then launched the game. I don't think I'm missing any step.

My version of the game is in Spanish and that's all that is different from a "normal" installation of the game. Also my game is patched till the 1.2 version.

My best regard and keep up the excellent work

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:02 am 
Civilian

how about mod version to warhammer 40k soulstorm ?, its the same and only for example you wrote "C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade\" ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 pm 
Civilian

ok I did everything that it said,but when I try to extract it looks like its extracting, but the porgress bar doesn't move and WinRAR keeps saying there's errors. I didn't download it directly to DC, so does that mean I have to download it directly to DC?

Post subject: OMFG!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:33 pm 
Civilian

I put int the password, I save it to DC and it still wnt work. It always starts with errors. The password must be wrong or something! Somebody help me!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:55 am 
Civilian

Ork Slayer117 wrote:
I put int the password, I save it to DC and it still wnt work. It always starts with errors. The password must be wrong or something! Somebody help me!

Same with me i put in "red unz go fasta!" and my crummy winrar onyl lets me extract to my desktop idk why and when i do that it comes up with a total of 1529 errors and at the end of all of them it says "(wrong password?)" been spending my entire day trying to figure this mod out someone help us!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:55 am 
Civilian

The mod doesn't work on soulstorm what can i do to may it work ? ? ? Please reply this message

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:53 pm 
Infernal Tester

its for dark crusade, sulstrom version not out yet.

simples :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:39 pm 
Chaos Marine

Blood, whats "sulstrom"?

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:39 pm 
Infernal Tester

like lulzstorm but same as soulstorm ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:41 pm 
Chaos Marine

Oh, sounds good. :D

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 pm 
Civilian

I have downloaded the file, but I do not know how to save it to the DC directory. I right click it and 'Save' does not appear in the bar. So I also tried just 'Extract Here' but after it apparently did so, I could not find the file or it's folder anywhere in the directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm 
Civilian

"- Save the Dow40k_foK.rar file in your Dark Crusade main directory."
I am not sure how to do this. Also when I extracted without saving it did not show up anywhere in the DC directory. Help would be appreciated, thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 am 
Civilian

Dear FOK modders,

I'm having a problem with getting this latest version of the mod to work for me, in the instructions it says that the game manager menu should display this message DoW40k Public Release 3.6 however it instead says DOW40k FOK Beta 3 or something similar and im pretty sure this isn't the latest release as it seems to be completely different from 3.5 and more similar to even earlier builds.

im patched up to 1.2 and have uninstalled all previous versions of the mod so im baffed at what to do. any help would be much appreciated as i really enjoyed 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 am 
Civilian

idk about all of you but its working perfectly for me. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 am 
Civilian

scratch what i said about it working i downloaded the 1.2 patch and dragged and dropped the folder into the DoW dark crusade folder and when i go to game manager it doesn't have it there. did i miss something? do i have to open up the extracted folder and drag its contents inside? plz help!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 pm 
Civilian

i thought the soulstorm one was already available by now

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:06 am 
Civilian

SevenStoriesUnder wrote:
"- Save the Dow40k_foK.rar file in your Dark Crusade main directory."
I am not sure how to do this. Also when I extracted without saving it did not show up anywhere in the DC directory. Help would be appreciated, thank you.

I'm assuming you're running Windows Vista or 7 32bit
Download the rar file. Once it's done, right click it and 'copy'.
Go to My Computer>C:>Program Files>THQ>Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
Right click in a bit of white space and 'Paste'

HTH
Greg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 am 
Civilian

Hello,
I've installed this version yesterday and it's working great.

Some feedback:
1. tutorial crashed (Black Templars) guess should be removed from the game.
2. it takes ages to blast anything I had full tau army fully upgraded and vs few orks with a wartruck had to shot for 3 minutes and lost an hammerhad, is it supposed to be like that?
3. you really need a manual with bit of an explanation about the new units and armor system (like the fact that some weapons are in-efficient vs buildings etc).
4. I think that if you can make some kind of campaign map it will be awesome indeed.. something like DC where your bases are kept each mission etc..

thanks,
Great mod

Liron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 pm 
Civilian

Hmm, when I try to 'extract here', it just comes up with a massive list of errors for everything and doesn't go anywhere. Anyone else get this and/or know how to solve it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:11 pm 
Civilian

don't u extract it somewhere eles then move it to the folder? that's what IM DOING ATM :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 pm 
Civilian

Guys I had the same problem to start with....but I figured out how to get the mod to work. You must download both the file from moddb and the file from megaupload. The moddb file is the folder, just download and extract the folder to your desktop or another folder then drag and drop it to your DC directory. The megaupload file is a .module just do the same thing with that too....doing this made the mod work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:33 pm 
Civilian

if it s not working it s probably because your password has an error :idea:
red unz goes fasta!
be careful to the space between words

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:49 pm 
Civilian

There are three games in this world that I've played more or less since the day they came out. One is Homeworld 2, alive and strong via the Complex team; the second is Rome TW, via the SPQR team. The third and finest, the one I play most; rated not only alive but recieving the rank of Imperial Marine Jedi Ninja Badass is not Dawn of War DC. Nay, that game was pretty good... I play FoK, you redefined and essentially brought me to the world 40k trumping all other sci-fi sans Ghostbusters.

This is comming from a combat veteran of the United States Marine infantry, thank you gentelmen and/or ladies. Your work, though unpaid is much appreciated! Please keep it up. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:08 pm 
Civilian

Googleness wrote:
Hello,
4. I think that if you can make some kind of campaign map it will be awesome indeed.. something like DC where your bases are kept each mission etc..

If they were to make the Campaign work with FoK, I would let the development team have my firstborne son.

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:49 am 
Civilian

Hi! this mod looks super epic and i really want to play it

I have windows 7 and the Steam version of dark crusade and i can't seam to install the patch's or the mod can some one help me out? This is driveing me crazy get back to me as soon as possible please and thank you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 am 
Civilian

my DC is version 1.4 so is it affect to play this mod or it has to be version 1.20 ?? someone pls help thanks so much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:33 am 
Civilian

Ive updated my dark crusade to 1.2, installed the 3.6 FoK, never ever installed any mods before and i still cannot see the FoK in the game manager, help?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm 
Civilian

the fok 3.6 looks very tiny when played than compared to the original DOW DC how to fix it ?/ i have tried all the graphics resolution but it wont accept any !!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:58 am 
Civilian

I just don't know how to remove the fok 3.5 i have :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46 pm 
Civilian

My 7zip warns me of the error that it cannot open the file as archive every time I extract it.

Any help?

It would be very much appreciated, i can only find people saying good things about this mod, and I WAN'T A GO!!!

BAAAWWWW!

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 am 
Civilian

Kseon90 wrote:
The mod doesn't work on soulstorm what can i do to may it work ? ? ? Please reply this message

You should try updating DoW Dark Crusade to its latest version or at least 1.2 which made it work then extract the files into a seperate folder if it has no housing folder then move it to the directory ignore the errors the password is fully correct just minimize that window but download the updates before downloading FoK. NOTE: Do not update in-game because it would take FOREVER! to finish, so download it from different websites, just type in google or your search engine Dawn of war dark crusade update (version) then click the best one! reply if this worked for you plawkz :D !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 am 
Civilian

steven2212 wrote:
my DC is version 1.4 so is it affect to play this mod or it has to be version 1.20 ?? someone pls help thanks so much

Version 1.20 is the same as 1.2! PAY ATTENTION TO MATH CLASS PLZ! 1.4 is basically 1.40 -_-"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 am 
Civilian

xXkyurai7Xx wrote:
scratch what i said about it working i downloaded the 1.2 patch and dragged and dropped the folder into the DoW dark crusade folder and when i go to game manager it doesn't have it there. did i miss something? do i have to open up the extracted folder and drag its contents inside? plz help!

once again scratch this too update your version to at least 1.2 or higher for this to work! It's working for me! PERFECTLY! minus the lag :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:09 pm 
Sacrifice

xXkyurai7Xx wrote:
Kseon90 wrote:

The simple answer is that right now, FoK is not compatible with Soulstorm. The Soulstorm version of FoK is exactly what the team is working on, AFAIK.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:47 pm 
Civilian

I don't have anything to use .RAR files and I really want to download this any help?
Yes I read that you need winzip or anything like that but i don't want to download them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 pm 
Civilian

Actually, I LOVE this (long searched) password

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:49 pm 
Civilian

why... when I try to extract it it brings up about 6000 errors and each one says something like can't find specific pathway

PLZ help

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm 
Civilian

it doesent work for me either. u extract it to the dow folder it says the password was right when it was done i went in to check in the game manager and it wasnt there. I know i have the newest patch beacuse i have had other mods. they didn't need to be extracted though only installed please help!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 am 
Civilian

if anyone has xbox live and will know how to dowload mod 3.6 i will give u 1500 microsoft points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm 
Civilian

Hey High Marshall, I'm downloading the MOD from the link in OP. Where can I find the latest version, 3.7? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:07 pm 
Infernal Tester

Matteo91 wrote:
Hey High Marshall, I'm downloading the MOD from the link in OP. Where can I find the latest version, 3.7? :?:

3.6 is the latest version. The 3.7 talked around here is simply the personal take of one of the modders on FoK, with completely diferent mechanics (both in the good and bad sense) and that never got finished, with no imperial factions done. There's a link to the beta somewhere in the forums if you look deep enough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:20 pm 
Civilian

Onard wrote:
3.6 is the latest version. The 3.7 talked around here is simply the personal take of one of the modders on FoK, with completely diferent mechanics (both in the good and bad sense) and that never got finished, with no imperial factions done. There's a link to the beta somewhere in the forums if you look deep enough.

Got it, well... so this released here, and that I'm downloading, is the latest version? :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm 
Infernal Tester

Yes it is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 am 
Civilian

Onard wrote:
Yes it is.

Sure Onard? I noticed that it's a RC, not a final release. There will be problems? :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 am 
Infernal Tester

There are problems. For the last couple of years things have gotten... Complicated.

-Despite being an RC, 3.6 was still planned as the last version for DC and the work was now being fully focused on a new Soulstorm version.
-Fuegan however didn't like either Soulstorm or how the actual rules conversion was implemented, so decided to remake all the crunch numbers and call it 3.7. This however demands re-coding every single thing, so progress was slow.
-Meloo, an old mod leader and an heavy contributor, shows up after almost a year of absence and reveals to have picked the Soulstorm internal version and started to modificate it himself, calling it Purgation over Karauva. Not anything as drastic as what Fuegan was trying so all factions are playable, and he even codes a new Inquisition faction based on the 3e and 5e codexes.
-Horus, another old team leader and heavy contributor, decides to move FoK to DoW II. Can't say much about that since I don't have DoW II so couldn't try it out.
-Warcaster, the actual mod leader, was busy with RL and sees the other team modders splinter in their own projects. He stands alone coding the actual internal, and ends up going missing.
-Ah, and geting an actual playtest game going is a challenge on itself since everybody has their own timetable and prefered program to talk to each other over the net, and they rarely match.
-Fuegan starts to burn himself out because there's a lot of stuff to code and his changes, altough they solve some old balance problems, also create some new ones.
-Somewhere in the middle of all this the forums were turned into "elitist" mode so that we can't edit old posts and unregistered people can't see anything at all. Not really very helpful to atract new blood as old members disapear among the confusion, bickering and in-fighting of what path the mod should take. Thankfully this policy was reversed some weeks ago, but still the damage has been done.
-After another year or so, Fuegan and Horus aren't updating their stuff anymore. Meloo released the most recent patch to his version at the start of this year and still seems to care about bug reports and stuff like that, but other members call his version "not-FoK" just because of a diferent word on its name.
-Warcaster shows up again some days ago and hints that he's willing to work on the internal code again and will talks about his plans better in a few hours! Yay!
-As of today, Warcaster still hasn't posted again.
-Oh, we also haven't got a model animator for ages, and we still have new models of need of being done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 am 
Civilian

Onard wrote:
There are problems. For the last couple of years things have gotten... Complicated.

-Despite being an RC, 3.6 was still planned as the last version for DC and the work was now being fully focused on a new Soulstorm version.
-Fuegan however didn't like either Soulstorm or how the actual rules conversion was implemented, so decided to remake all the crunch numbers and call it 3.7. This however demands re-coding every single thing, so progress was slow.
-Meloo, an old mod leader and an heavy contributor, shows up after almost a year of absence and reveals to have picked the Soulstorm internal version and started to modificate it himself, calling it Purgation over Karauva. Not anything as drastic as what Fuegan was trying so all factions are playable, and he even codes a new Inquisition faction based on the 3e and 5e codexes.
-Horus, another old team leader and heavy contributor, decides to move FoK to DoW II. Can't say much about that since I don't have DoW II so couldn't try it out.
-Warcaster, the actual mod leader, was busy with RL and sees the other team modders splinter in their own projects. He stands alone coding the actual internal, and ends up going missing.
-Ah, and geting an actual playtest game going is a challenge on itself since everybody has their own timetable and prefered program to talk to each other over the net, and they rarely match.
-Fuegan starts to burn himself out because there's a lot of stuff to code and his changes, altough they solve some old balance problems, also create some new ones.
-Somewhere in the middle of all this the forums were turned into "elitist" mode so that we can't edit old posts and unregistered people can't see anything at all. Not really very helpful to atract new blood as old members disapear among the confusion, bickering and in-fighting of what path the mod should take. Thankfully this policy was reversed some weeks ago, but still the damage has been done.
-After another year or so, Fuegan and Horus aren't updating their stuff anymore. Meloo released the most recent patch to his version at the start of this year and still seems to care about bug reports and stuff like that, but other members call his version "not-FoK" just because of a diferent word on its name.
-Warcaster shows up again some days ago and hints that he's willing to work on the internal code again and will talks about his plans better in a few hours! Yay!
-As of today, Warcaster still hasn't posted again.
-Oh, we also haven't got a model animator for ages, and we still have new models of need of being done.

Wow, the situation is quite disastrous. :shock:

So what, what do you advice me? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am 
Chosen

Play some 3.7, bro.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:52 pm 
Civilian

Fuegan wrote:
Play some 3.7, bro.

If only I could find the link, where I find it? :lol:

Besides, what does this mean? :D

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:54 pm 
Infernal Tester

Matteo91 wrote:
So what, what do you advice me? :lol:

-If you didn't already, play some 3.6.
-If you have Soulstorm, get Purgation over Karauva here
-Fuegan's mod latest version can be found here.
-Decide which one(s) you like more.
-Post your opinions on this forum. Report bugs.
-?
-Profit!

Matteo91 wrote:
Besides, what does this mean? :D

That Fuegan never got to finish the imperial factions, or to properly adress the new balance problems his mod created like eldar vypers and necron wraiths owning everything else at t1.

Also how he insists for people to play his mod, but is quite reluctant on actualy providing a link.