Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Necrons music?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 pm 
Civilian

Um, well I made this just for the mod, as some extra title/in game music, that is if you need any extra music for it any way? I put a lot of effort into it. Even if its not good enough for this awsome, creative, mega supremely sweet mod, I would be most fine with that, because I know it wont. Still I do encourage people to at least download it and see for them self, any comments, tips, and or help in gen. would be great though. :geek:

20mb mp3 http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahgdebd ... ge_New_mp3

-Minigunner

-Marneus Calgar

Last edited by Tehminigunner on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Necrons music?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:38 am 
High Marshall

why it is 170MB, is in wav format?
i recommend you to compress in mp3 format, there are some good free wav to mp3 converters in the web, will have the same sound quality :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:40 am 
Civilian

Its up.

-Marneus Calgar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 am 
Infernal Tester

Hmm, I'm listening to it as I type this (about 2:30 in now) and I think it's good, but a little repetitive. I know little about the writing of music in general, but it seems to me that there are a few notes that are used time and again. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - after all, a song has to have some sort of "chorus" (I'm not sure if that's the right term), even if it's entirely instrumental.

Another suggestion is that you may want to pick up the speed of the piece at maybe a minute in. If you look at any movie that has any "creepy" music (watch any Friday the 13th film for the best examples of this), the music starts off slow, somewhat quiet and steadily rises in pitch, reaching a climax at the moment of the most action on-screen. While there's no images to watch when we're talking about pure audio, the climactic principal should (imo), still apply.

All in all, you've done some really excellent work. I'm very impressed, and very thankful that you took the time to do this for the sole purpose of helping the mod out. That's dedication if there's ever been such a thing! Maybe there's a place for you on the development team?

Thanks a million!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:55 am 
Infernal Tester

I feel the singing child voice out of place here - that's vampire territory.

I feel for necrons, would be good some music from the sounds of the wind /whooshing wind in general (emptiness, lifeless feeling), and during that you hear faint whispers (some thing like the wisper of the One Ring - from the lord of the rings movie).

For reaching a climax, and for top, I strongly suggest a creepy+cruel metal music!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 pm 
Civilian

This has an brilliant other-worldly quality about it. I feel like I'm moving through a Necron tomb. When the pitch changes around 5:30, that feels really Necron, and from there it works especially well. All in all it'd be an excellent ambient track IMO. A little repetitive but not too much. Great stuff! :)

"Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:39 pm 
Civilian

Awsome! Thanks for the feed back everyone, and sorry for the late reply, will the mod need any more music? I can always fix, add, or remove anything from the Necron music if needed. :)

-Marneus Calgar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:13 pm 
Civilian

Pro tip for the devs;

Add Winter Assault themes. Many were removed when DC came in (like the coming of the Necrons theme which is much better then the Necron race theme from DC) yet most of them were better then the newer Dark Crusade tracks.

Currently emerging into the mind of a Space Marine fanboy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:07 am 
Infernal Tester

Quote:
Add Winter Assault themes. Many were removed when DC came in (like the coming of the Necrons theme which is much better then the Necron race theme from DC) yet most of them were better then the newer Dark Crusade tracks.

Yes, you right! I would like to hear them again too!