Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Eldar Master Bug List
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:49 am 
Civilian

Small bug, the Fortune ability has the same hotkey as Fleet, so I have to click on fleet before I can run away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:44 pm 
Sacrifice

It appears I can get a Farseer, Autarch and Avatar at the same time. I got the Autarch first, then the Avatar and finally the Farseer.

When I lost the Avatar, I was unable to rebuild it due to Limit: 2.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:18 pm 
Infernal Tester

It seems like eldars req income can be quite glitchy. In the multiplayer section there's a replay where an eldar player on a 2x2 game has only a couple HQ and critical locations, yet has more req income than anyone else, including the other eldar player who had around a 1/4 of the strategic points.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:19 pm 
High Marshall

Onard wrote:
It seems like eldars req income can be quite glitchy. In the multiplayer section there's a replay where an eldar player on a 2x2 game has only a couple HQ and critical locations, yet has more req income than anyone else, including the other eldar player who had around a 1/4 of the strategic points.
that's the benefit of having an Autarch my friend, Master Strategist FTW!!! :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:38 pm 
Excommunicate Traitorus

Keep posts that are not Bug reports or Coders answers to them to other sections of the forum!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 pm 
Civilian

heres something small, when i tech further the hq gets an req rate increase but doesn't change on the hq always show 12/5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:00 pm 
Sacrifice

Avatar has no ranged attack... or is standing there and setting things on fire the ranged attack?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:09 pm 
Infernal Tester

The Avatar is equipped with a Fusion Pistol.

"Do Be Do Be Do": F. Sinatra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:21 am 
Cultist

Riotlung wrote:
Avatar has no ranged attack... or is standing there and setting things on fire the ranged attack?

He does, it just has no animation.

He stares things to death!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:34 am 
Infernal Tester

Vaz wrote:

With BS 0 I hope not :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 am 
Cultist

Rocktober! wrote:
Vaz wrote:

With BS 0 I hope not :P

The avatar is BS5 :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:33 am 
Infernal Tester

Vaz wrote:

More like Fusion Gun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:35 pm 
Civilian

There are a couple of bugs, so I'm going to number them. The section breaks do not restart the count. I play Dark Crusade with the FoK 3.5 mod, so all of these bugs are for DC, FoK, and 3.5.

General Eldar FX bugs:
1.) Eldar Autarch with Swooping Hawk Wings, when using them like a jetpack, glitches and displays all of his potential wargear while standing like this (during flight):
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warha ... p#imagebox
It should be noted that the Tau veteran stealthsuit shas'ui has this bug too, in terms of debugging. I'm posting it in the Tau bug section as well.
1.1) It also seemed an oversight (or possibly beta-ing) that the Autarch has those Swooping Hawk wings before a Swooping Hawk unit exists.
2.) The Autarch Howling Banshee helmet upgrade doesn't ever appear to upgrade, and when I take the jumppack or SW wings, the option greys out in the UI.
3.) The Autarch cannot upgrade to the reaper missile launcher, although it is in the army painter (completely unskinned) so logically should be in the game.
4.) The Eldar Autarch randomly stops in the middle of a melee and reverts to this position:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warha ... p#imagebox
He snaps out of it a second or two later and combat resumes.
Eldar campaign Bugs:
5.) The Wave Serpents in campaign are grey with dark green highlights, while supposedly using the Biel-Tan scheme.
6.) All of the buildings are still Ulthwe scheme, despite the shift towards the Biel-Tan scheme
7.) I attacked the Eldar stronghold as Tau, and the game abruptly crashed and immediately quit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 am 
Chosen

Spirit Stones don't reduce the time it takes to cast powers after research. It stays at 30 seconds... the meter goes by fast but stays darkened even after the meter has reached the end. I was casting guide on Dark Reapers with no incoming fire so there was no reason the ability would have been disabled.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:27 am 
Infernal Tester

Warforger wrote:
Vaz wrote:

More like Fusion Gun.

Couldn't remember it's range. There you go, anyway.

Try posting about Campaign bugs in the Campaign Bug thread. That way I know how to correct them.

Is there an error log available giving reason for the CTD?

Graphical errors aren't really my concern just yet. However, do the Eldar units have the correct Colour Scheme? It's just the Vehicles and Buildings which aren't? If so, that requires an RSH recolour, AFAIK.

"Do Be Do Be Do": F. Sinatra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 pm 
Infernal Tester

1. Annihilate Win condition: Of late the Eldar seems to have to have everything destroyed to be knocked out of the game. Web-portals now have all sorts of units, but I had thought it was decided they were to not be on the list of buildings needed to be destroyed for Win Conditions.

2. Pathfinders & Rangers: I was wondering if anyone else thought maybe we should just go with the upgraded Pathfinders being T2 enabled, and you simply pay for the squad instead of buy the upgrade and then buy squads.

3. Turrets: The fire arc of turrets is not 360° currently. They do work fine, but only for a smaller arc.

4. Starting Squads: Right now it is Dire Avengers + Storm Guardians. In my observations, this is what I will call sub-optimal, especially since the incorporation of the lock-in Close Combat. Before one could dance and use Storm Guardians to run down and hold enemies in place while you got some shurikens into the enemy. Now with Eldar, you are stuck with a squad of marginal Close Combat effectiveness(until upgrades and reinforcement are affordable) alongside a squad that has ranged weaponry that is shorter in range then most every non-Close Combat specializing squad.

Maybe with Turret firing arcs fixed, this problem would not be so acute for the Eldar. Still, I was wondering if others thought maybe swapping out the Storm Guardians would be worth considering. The other options are another Dire squad, Guardians, or Rangers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:02 pm 
Civilian

Eldar Scorpion has no texture. It's just the model un-textured.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:09 pm 
Chosen

Do not post bugs that have already been posted, acroyer. That particular bug was reported in the second post of this thread.

My blog | Twitter | Steam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 pm 
Sacrifice

I think rangers would be a much better starting squad than storm guardians.

Then again I am a Ranger whore who spams them without end.

The demographics are depressing, so get to baby-making.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:50 pm 
Infernal Tester

Well, the scorpion missing texture is not in Pats first post

A agree about the rangers/pathfinders

About starting squads.....stormguardians isn´t strong no, but changing them for normal guardians just accentuates the problems with the Dire Avengers. Rangers have good range yes, but they are also very weak for their cost, it is very easy to loose a ranger squad fast, and loosing a squad in T1 can be very fatal. Perhaps giving the Dire Avenger starting squad a exarch?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:55 am 
Sacrifice

If we were to make Pathfinders available automatically with T2, would it affect Rangers already on the field? Because if it were so, we could get 'free' Pathfinder upgrades (like the thing about CSM getting free upgrades once a mark is chosen).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:48 am 
Infernal Tester

mm... I think it is good to have both of them available. When pressed for req, I would not having to option to go for the cheaper rangers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:59 pm 
Sacrifice

1.) When an Autarch (I believe for Farseer too) joins a Striking Scorpions squad, the entire squad gets Fleet of Foot.
2.) If a Vyper squadron is built before any of the researches are made from the Support Portal, you'd be unable to research Star Engines (the upgrade for increased speed, the middle of the 3 upgrades) as it says Limit: 1. However, once the Vyper squadron is destroyed, you'd be able to purchase that upgrade. The other 2 upgrades can be made anytime, with or without Vypers on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm 
High Marshall

Riotlung wrote:
1.) When an Autarch (I believe for Farseer too) joins a Striking Scorpions squad, the entire squad gets Fleet of Foot.
2.) If a Vyper squadron is built before any of the researches are made from the Support Portal, you'd be unable to research Star Engines (the upgrade for increased speed, the middle of the 3 upgrades) as it says Limit: 1. However, once the Vyper squadron is destroyed, you'd be able to purchase that upgrade. The other 2 upgrades can be made anytime, with or without Vypers on the field.

1) cannot be fixed, is either this way or farseer and autarch get removed fleet.....it was discussed and it was decided that is better to have this "bug" and allow farseer and autarch fleet

2) its made this way so things don't get fucked up if you upgrade to star engines when vypers are using flat out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Civilian

Public Release:
Really odd one regarding Striking Scorpions. Just...have a look for yourself.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d114/ ... c00017.jpg

Striking Scorpions just seem to not infiltrate properly. Regardless of how awesome it looks, it gives away their position and takes away the whole ambush idea.

No idea if this is the result of using an older computer, given the videocard is the equivalent of a GF4MX series card, known to have a bit of trouble with some textures, but it doesn't hurt to be safe.

EDIT: Later testing confirmed it's a hardware-dependent issue.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2