Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: managed a league win
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm 
Chaos Marine

RIO DE JANEIRO -- After a 12-year professional boxing career, Hassan NDam dreamed of returning to the Olympics and winning the gold medal that eluded him in Athens.Instead, NDam is headed home with a bitter lesson in the amateur version of his sport.NDam was ousted in his opening bout in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday night, losing a unanimous decision to Brazils Michel Borges.The 32-year-old NDam, who held versions of two pro middleweight titles, is the biggest name among the three professional boxers who joined the Rio field earlier this summer. Although the French-Cameroonian veteran appeared to land cleaner shots in the final two rounds, Borges got the decision in his hometown with a quick start and the wild support of a crowd that roared for his every punch.Im very disappointed about this, NDam said. Hes a good fighter, but I think Im better than him. I took too much time to come into the fight, but I lost the fight.NDams stunning loss buried any fears of an Olympic tournament dominated by professionals in Rio.Lightweight Carmine Tommasone, who has never fought professionally outside of his native Italy, became the first pro boxer to win an Olympic fight in the morning session at Riocentro Pavilion 6, beating Mexicos Lindolfo Delgado.Thailand lightweight Amnat Ruenroeng, the third pro in the field, fights Sunday.When the International Boxing Association (AIBA) decided earlier this year to allow any boxer to attempt to qualify for the Olympics, many observers condemned the move, envisioning a bizarre event with elite prizefighters seriously hurting teenage amateurs.But every big-name boxer in the world passed on Rio, citing everything from injury worries to the Olympic-style sports peculiar demands in a multi-fight tournament featuring daily weigh-ins and three-round bouts.The last factor doomed NDam, who acknowledged feeling out his opponent in an inactive first round.In the pros, that's a smart strategy. In the amateur game, the fight is already one-third over.I did it too slow, NDam said. Im not happy. I came too far for this competition. I took too much time from my professional career. I have no regrets, but I took too long to get into the fight.NDam had hoped to better his performance in the loaded Olympic middleweight tournament in 2004, when the amateur game still used the now-discarded punch-counting system to determine winners. NDam beat future Irish world middleweight champion Andy Lee, but lost a decision to Russias Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov, who went on to beat Gennady Golovkin for the middleweight gold medal in Athens.Many boxing experts predicted wild mismatches when pros joined the Olympic qualification process this summer -- and perhaps it would have happened if the likes of Golovkin or Canelo Alvarez had signed up.But the amateur game presents challenges that can be just as problematic as a Wladimir Klitschko jab.Its very different, Tommasone said. I (had to adjust) for a three-round Olympic fight. I usually prepare for a 10-round, 12-round (fight). I had to win the match with intelligence.The 32-year-old Tommasone thoroughly controlled his first Olympic fight, trouncing the 21-year-old Delgado with activity and precision. Tommasone fights as a 126-pound professional featherweight, but chose the 132-pound lightweight division for the Olympics, likely making it easier to deal with daily weigh-ins.Tommasone, nicknamed Mr. Wolf after Harvey Keitels problem-solving character in Pulp Fiction, barely missed qualification for the Beijing Games. He eagerly seized the Italian federations invitation to qualify last month in Venezuela.The Olympics are a dream for every athlete, and for me, it is wonderful, Tommasone said. When I learned that I could qualify, I wanted to do it immediately. It was my dream.---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org/ Canada Goose Junior Pas Cher .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Veste Canada Goose Pas Cher . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. http://www.canadagoosefrancepascher.fr/canada-goose-bomber.html .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Doudoune Canada Goose Femme . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. Canada Goose Victoria Parka . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Written off as promoted no-hopers, manager-less and under-strength Hull City are defying expectations in the Premier League.The Tigers (2-1-1) are burning brighter than anyone could have predicted, as the opening month of Premier League action has seen them pick up seven points from four games, despite not having a permanent head coach and barely being able to cobble together a commendable 18-man squad from their threadbare number.Back-to-back wins was an unexpected start to the season for Hull. However, Robert Snodgrass sublime free-kick equaliser last week against Burnley has kept the Humberside clubs momentum going ahead of their biggest test of the season so far -- Saturdays visit of Arsene Wengers Arsenal.It will be a tough game against a top team full of excellent players, but the spotlight will be on Arsenal, said Hull caretaker manager Mike Phelan. Weve conducted ourselves really well so far and well be up for this challenge.Our players are enjoying themselves in the Premier League and Saturdays game is another great one for us to take on board. Its about how we approach the game and its important that we show our true selves, like we have done in recent games.Arsenal (2-1-1) have endured an opening month of the season that has featured the all-too familiar mix of moderate highs and crushing lows -- at least in the eyes of some of the clubs more reactionary fans.However, a slightly fortuitous win over Southampton last weekend and an equally fortunate draw with Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday has gone some way to steadying the Gunners ship after a tumultuous first few weeks of the season.Wenger surpprised many with a weakened team selection to face PSG, including the choice of David Ospina over Petr Cech in goal.dddddddddddd The Czech veteran is expected to return to face Hull, despite Ospinas excellent showing in that game, but Wenger believes he was right to rotate his keepers.I have two world-class goalkeepers, I will repeat that (rotation), Wenger said. I know we have enough games to give them games… you cannot keep two world-class goalkeepers that don't get games.Wenger may have a luxury of riches between the sticks, but he remains weakened in defence due to the long-term injury problems of Per Mertesacker and Carl Jenkinson.Utility forward Danny Welbeck sits alongside the defensive pair in the treatment room, with the England international still six months away from a comeback. But Theo Walcott and Aaron Ramsey are expected to be fit for the trip to the northeast after recovering from knocks.Hull remain without defenders Alex Bruce and Michael Dawson.The Tigers famously beat Arsenal in their first ever meeting with the Gunners in September 2008, but have not managed a league win over Wengers side since, losing six and drawing once.That win came away in north London, meaning that Arsenal have never tasted defeat in Kingston-upon-Hull. Wengers side have also not been beaten in any of the four FA Cup meetings between the two in the last three seasons. Should Arsenal win again, they would take their tally of wins at the KCOM Stadium up to six -- more than any other visitors to Hulls West Park. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '