Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: AAAAaaaaannnnnd Back.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:51 pm 
Infernal Tester

As of now, I have finally reached the point where my college searching/applying and AP classwork do not consume every waking second of my life. I'm incredibly sorry if I've missed some major events, but I had to get my life on the right track first.

Anyways, how is the mod coming along? I looked around the forums real quick, and it's feeling pretty dead. SVN is also down. Is there something that I help with?

Post subject: Re: AAAAaaaaannnnnd Back.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am 
Infernal Tester

Well let's see:

-Meloo still seems interested on working on Purgation of Karauva. He says he can only get really back to coding in December, but made his files available so people can search for bugs and stuff (can be found here).

-Warcaster was silent for a big time and then started a project for DoW 2 on the gaming section so I guess that's he basically out of FoK.

-Fuegan made big promises about some "3.7", that kept being delayed and delayed until he suddenly quited because aparently, on Fuegan's words, you can only do good testing with 2x2, which are quite hard to set up. Doubly when Warcaster and Fuegan themselves were more interested on ponies and LoL than actualy playing their own mod most of the time.

I would say your best bet for helping the mod is looking at Meloo's work and see where you can help from there. Hopefully in a couple of months there may be a proper revival.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:51 pm 
Infernal Tester

Yeah i'd say for the latest release go for PoK, not like you can't lend a hand to other people too if they need it.

And welcome back :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 pm 
Infernal Tester

Onard wrote:
Well let's see:

-Meloo still seems interested on working on Purgation of Karauva. He says he can only get really back to coding in December, but made his files available so people can search for bugs and stuff (can be found here).

-Warcaster was silent for a big time and then started a project for DoW 2 on the gaming section so I guess that's he basically out of FoK.

-Fuegan made big promises about some "3.7", that kept being delayed and delayed until he suddenly quited because aparently, on Fuegan's words, you can only do good testing with 2x2, which are quite hard to set up. Doubly when Warcaster and Fuegan themselves were more interested on ponies and LoL than actualy playing their own mod most of the time.

I would say your best bet for helping the mod is looking at Meloo's work and see where you can help from there. Hopefully in a couple of months there may be a proper revival.

So much pessimism; I mean, it's everywhere. All over my screen.

We welcomes ya back, Archive. Hopefully we can get a few more interesting games than "TauTau vs TauTau" going, much fun as that was.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 pm 
Chosen

Incidentally, Warcaster never replies to threads.

My blog | Twitter | Steam

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]