Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: FoK 3.5 Necron Master Bug List
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 am 
Excommunicate Traitorus

post your bug findings here. first post will be updated along the way.

Necron

- The necron warriors made by the monolith don't spawn unless near a building. FIXED
- Pariahs have no speech. FIXED
-Necron lord artifacts have the same tooltips.
-Do chainfists and monstrous creatures and meltas gain there damage bonus against the monolith even though they might not be allowed to?

Post subject: Re: Necron Master Bug List
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 am 
Cultist

The necron warriors made by the monolith don't spawn unless near a building.

This quite effectively makes the whole warping a squad in pointless, as if you're near your base, you can just make them there. :roll:

Holy crap!! My next post is the 1000th!! Well I'm off to think of something, but I have a pretty good idea. Bye everyone!! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:16 pm 
Cultist

Necron lord artifacts have the same tooltips.

Also, I can't seem to teleport my lord with the Veil of Darkness. I'll test this extensively later, but just thought I'd bring it up...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:55 am 
Civilian

necron lord destroyer's dark cloudy part stands in front of him. Also he can't cause any damage , just waits near enemy (no animations)
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5082/relic00005.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:05 pm 
Sacrifice

Pariahs have no speech. Bug from Dark Crusade 1.2 (1.0 Pariahs had speech if I remember correctly, and Soulstorm restored their speech).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 am 
Civilian

If i remember correctly, the "Living Metal" rule states that weapons which normally reduce armour or recieve additional dice for penetration lose that benefit against it (i don't have the codex to hand so apologies if i'm wrong). This means that the "Monstrous Creature" rule still applies, as it's not a result of a weapon. I mention this because i noticed in my last game that the Monolith was immune to the Avatar's melee attacks, which should not be the case if i'm right about the wording of the living metal rule.

I haven't had a chance to test other monstrous creatures against the monolith, but i can only think of the Bloodthirster and Wraithlord, who would be able to harm it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:28 am 
Sacrifice

"Similarly, weapons that get additional Armour Penetration dice (such as chainfists, monstrous creatures or melta weapons) do not get the extra dice against the Monolith."

If I'm getting the rules and all right, the Avatar's S6 will only get to roll 1D6 instead of 2D6, which added together would have a max of 12, always below the Monolith's Armour of 14. Thus, the Avatar won't be able to damage the monolith in close combat. Consider using his ranged The Wailing Doom attack instead, which is S8 and AP1.

As the Monstrous Creatures additional dice bonus applies only to close combat, it's pretty clear that Living Metal is referring to the negation of this bonus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 am 
Civilian

It's a case of the wording though. If it states weapon rules specifically, then monstrous creature should still apply, as it's an attribute of the model, not a weapon he's using.

However i should say again, i'm not sure if that is the exact wording as i can't find the Necron Codex atm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 pm 
Sacrifice

The line I had in my previous post in quotation marks was taken directly from the codex, from the Living Metal entry under the Monolith.

The quote mentioned "monstrous creatures". If your argument that it had to apply specifically to weapons and not models were true, then it would be unnecessary to even mention monstrous creatures. You're getting all too technical on the rules for this, unless you're seriously looking for a weapon that is a monstrous creature.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:39 pm 
Infernal Tester

In addition, all Monstrous Creatures roll an additional d6 for armour penetration (2D6+Strength) when attacking a vehicle in close combat.

Similarly, weapons that get additional Armour Penetration dice (such as chainfists, monstrous creatures or melta weapons) do not get the extra dice against the Monolith.

Pretty damn self explanatory.

"Do Be Do Be Do": F. Sinatra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:02 pm 
Civilian

necron lord and necron lord destroyer (nightbringer might be that way also not sure) has a bug where they revive themselves right after being killed, first i thought it was 1 of the research. after trying a few times couldn't get it to do it again

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 am 
Cultist

Snypa wrote:
necron lord and necron lord destroyer (nightbringer might be that way also not sure) has a bug where they revive themselves right after being killed, first i thought it was 1 of the research. after trying a few times couldn't get it to do it again

We'll Be Back means any necron unit that dies has a chance of coming back to life. That's correct. Necron HQ's do get it too. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 am 
Cultist

Location: Well, lets just say you shouldn't look in your attic anymore.
Wait, does the Nightbringer get We'll Be Back? I certainly hope not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:50 am 
Infernal Tester

No, its one of those weird things, the Nightbringer, Deciever, Pariahs, Scarabs and some other units aren't "Necrons" in terms of Necron special rules.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm 
Cultist

Warforger wrote:
No, its one of those weird things, the Nightbringer, Deciever, Pariahs, Scarabs and some other units aren't "Necrons" in terms of Necron special rules.

Tomb Spyders also. :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm 
Civilian

ok so how does this We'll Be Back rule get activated?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 pm 
Infernal Tester

Snypa wrote:

In tabletop whenever a model with the Necron special rule loses its last wound, it's placed down on its side. In the Necron player's turn, the player rolls a die for each damaged Necron - on a roll of 4+ the model is stood back up on its feet with a single wound remaining.

I have a ton of Codex books and play 40k often, so just PM Katie Drake if you have questions about tabletop stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:01 pm 
Infernal Tester

Snypa wrote:

In FoK, or in TT?

In TT, as Katie says. In FoK, using the ressurection hard code.

"Do Be Do Be Do": F. Sinatra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:16 pm 
Civilian

Hello there people this is indeed my first post here and i just played an 8 player map ffa 7 insane computers and myself as the necrons. Let me just say that wow this mod has revitalized this game for me yet again, and i just got back into it like 3 weeks ago me and a bunch of friends all bought it again. I played necron and noticed a ton of little annoying bugs with the necrons as well as noticing that on my first play around damn they rule lol. So here's a list of things i myself experienced.

Items and reinforcement get stuck constantly, or they do not highlight to allow you to replace your losses
The monolith if you double click to move somewhere it moves incredibly fast, like holy damn! However if you click once its slow still?
The necron lord (mounted one) stops his auto attacking of things once his scythe is upgraded , however i put him into assault mode and he started doing it again.

Those just occured a lot so i guess there weren't tons of bugs just the same ones over and over and over and over and over.

The monolith is made up of living metal so why isn't it self repairing? i know pariahs don't obviously, but i know the monolith totally should. Love seeing tons of necrons running around though, was fantastic!

Anyhow i love this mod and will get it out to my friends later today for us to experiment more with and since there's 5 of us we'll write down and log more bugs as we come across them

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:48 pm 
Fallen from grace

Quote:
items and reinforcement get stuck constantly, or they do not highlight to allow you to replace your losses

its restricted to your buildings, transports and listening posts. not a bug. same with the other races.

Quote:
The monolith if you double click to move somewhere it moves incredibly fast, like holy damn! However if you click once its slow still?

intermaresting to say the least. not sure how to fix that. if it works on everything else...

Quote:
The monolith is made up of living metal so why isn't it self repairing? i know pariahs don't obviously, but i know the monolith totally should.

they should. probably overlooked. seeing the range it has. only a minor one though.

Ask about the mod.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]