Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Dow40k 2: Woa version 1.a Download!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 pm 
Chaos Marine

Calgar wrote:
Horus wrote:
Important:

The mod may crash if you don't have one of the following commanders selected from the normal game:
Chaos Lord, Captain, Lord General, Farseer, Hive Tyrant, and Warboss.

Otherwise it is trying to load a Commander that doesn't exist anymore, so to fix this start up regular Retribution, select one of the Commanders posted above, go to the game setup screen with the players and the map, and then quit and load WoA back up and it should work.

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:21 pm 
Civilian

by refuses to load i mean steam wont even launch the game, it says steam is launching then it just pops straight up with a relic error report.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 pm 
Chaos Marine

Yes and what I posted will fix that.

Steam ID: cpt_uriel_ventris (shows up as First-Captain Ventris).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:24 am 
Infernal Tester

No, that will only fix a certain crash for starting a skirmish or multiplayer game, not a crash that occurs while Retribution is loading.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:05 am 
Civilian

So I'm fairly sure I installed the mod correctly, however when I try to launch it steam launches its first-time setup thing (reinstalling Directx and the .net famework) and ends up trying to validate and download all the files.
Happens every time I try to launch it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:39 am 
Civilian

I'm having the same problem, steam starts and then an error report appears.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:35 am 
Civilian

I'm unable to download the UCS file update on Megaupload.

I downloaded the main file with no problems, but this one will either sit at the screen loading until it just stops, or if I hit the button a second time, it will say download limit exceeded.

Weird, really.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:03 pm 
Civilian

I am confused.

I finally got the UCS file downloaded, and I let the file go into the folder it wanted, and I still see a shitload of "no range 00000000" when I am playing Spess Mehreenz

Is this a known issue, or did I download it wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
Chosen

Depends if your language is supported or not, and/or if you put the UCS file in the right place.

My blog | Twitter | Steam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:47 am 
Civilian

The .exe file was making a folder of its own...lol

It said it was going to the Locale directory in my steam etc etc Retribution folder, but it made a whole new Retribution folder in my Documents folder...I don't know either.

I made it work, and I have to say I am impressed for an Alpha. Still really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:54 pm 
Civilian

The Warmaster You can load ucs a file again on megaupload

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 pm 
Fallen from grace

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9BEJW1T6

Ok try now.

updated first post.

Also, I should hopefully have another release out soon :D

Ask about the mod.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 pm 
Civilian

i tested it and i fn love it great job.so can gona use this as a base for my ba mod.
i love the upgrade system and abilitys these is what ive been needing for my ba mod to get done.ive allready made my models most all them are done.
...I just wanted to let you know ill put your dl link and ty reconitions in my mod.
so send me a email or right back here if it ok for your best freind to use this mod as a base for a ba mod budy ty and agin.....great job budy and too your team.

Oh and if i ever ever get this ba mod done i would be intersted in modeling for your team. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:39 am 
Civilian

Hello, was wondering if someone can help me out please, for some reason i can't get this mod to start without a relic error message popping up everytime i try to launch, i've tried everthing from following the instructions to downloading the newest .NET but nothing works and basicaly im stumped now! so if anyone can help it would be amazing ha. Also if it helps in anyway i bought the retail game rather than through steam if that effects anything? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 am 
Civilian

Hei guys i'm really a bit confused about the place to put the ucs file lol, i'm a very good nooooooob about this stuff hehheh but i love this mod tooo!!! GREAT WORK!!

Can help me plz ?thx guys :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 pm 
Civilian

Hiho,

I am new at posting, but playing till .... fok 3.2 or something.

Just a quick question:

why do i get this ?

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/117271441-4.jpg

and this

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/117271543-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/117271568-4.jpg

is it just because the mod is "alpha" or is it because i am from Germany ?
i thought it should be no difference between german and us or uk version.

i always play english DOW, because ... all other voices sounds weird.

btw.
thx for your awesome work :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 am 
Civilian

First of all, wonderfull work on the mod so far! :)

Found a bug with the Lictor: When using fleshhooks the animations cease afterwards, in other words the Lictor does a pretty sweet hover in the air bit and then casually floats around the map- but can't make any attacks.

Also I can't seem to get the UCS file loader to put the files in a specific destination- atleast not one that Im not choosing. In which folder is it meant to be placed?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 am 
Civilian

Just found another USC file in the folders so Im guessing that the mod-version should end up next to it. The game will probably work as it should now and my previous rambling should be ignored... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:25 am 
Civilian

Hei guys very good work i thanks you all!!
but i'm a little noob and i don't know where to put the UCS file, can someone help me plz?thx all :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:59 pm 
Civilian

Hey great mod (huge understatement) :D just... i think im being an idiot.. and can't install the ucs :facepalms at self: ermm installed it to the retribution directory, yet im missing any new form of text in game... sorry for noob-ish question :P but, any advice on what to do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:52 pm 
Infernal Tester

You install the .UCS files to Retribution's GameAssets\Locale\<Your Language> directory.

--Ciaphas Cain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:43 pm 
Civilian

hey man any idea when the next version of the mod will be out? 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am 
Civilian

Hi there

First awesome job on the mod again :) good to see huge battles again
I found some bugs the Spacemarine librarian appears ingame as black square and tactical squad tier 3 aswell
Noticed that team AI doesn't build powerplants and is holding back on higher tier
vehicles aswell Spacemarine zeal tactics are not showing
However the imerial guard is working fine as far i can see , testing out other races soon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm 
Civilian

Hi, i am french sorry for my English.

I successfully installed the mod files, the game starts fine, but when I select the Tyranids in "Army Builder" the game crashes. The game crashes also when I try to create a private party. I can not even go into the interface with the players and maps.

I need help, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm 
Civilian

Hi i am french, sorry for my english.

I successfully installed the mod files, the game starts fine, but when I select the Tyranids in "Army Builder" the game crashes. The game crashes also when I try to create a private party. I can not even go into the interface with the players and maps.

I need help, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:53 am 
Civilian

allot of times the file that shows a black box could be a simple speeling mistake.so check the file see if it all matches hope this helps you out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:52 am 
Civilian

Did a test run of Woa, and i'm impressed with it's current state.

Problems that i noticed:
-"scirmish" menu crash (apparently i seem to have my selected hero set as chaos lord, that or i shave to have set every hero correct, either way it works)
-Flash gitz can't reinforce (you're in alpha stage so assume it's just not looked at yet)
-Lootaz seem to destroy anything very fast (i saw a topic somewhere around here about not being capable of editing armours, is that correct?)
-Orks seem to start with way more resources (that or pausing the game makes resource income continue)

good luck on the mod.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 pm 
Civilian

Horus wrote:
1. "Alpha" for retribution.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6DPVPKC

Any bugs etc post them here on the forums. Enjoy and spread the word :L

UCS file update: Should self install to the right place. This is required for a lot of unit names etc. So get this too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9BEJW1T6

Important:

The mod may crash if you don't have one of the following commanders selected from the normal game:
Chaos Lord, Captain, Lord General, Farseer, Hive Tyrant, and Warboss.

Otherwise it is trying to load a Commander that doesn't exist anymore, so to fix this start up regular Retribution, select one of the Commanders posted above, go to the game setup screen with the players and the map, and then quit and load WoA back up and it should work.

Hi Horus, Seasons Greetings and all that. Trying to play your wonderful mod, and keep on crashing. I am running a very high spec pc, running windows 7 Ultimate (it obviously has the .net framework installed). I tried going into normal and selecting heroes that are on the list, and every time it still crashes. Any help possible by you or any of your team? Many Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 am 
Civilian

Okay, got around it, but only by choosing the Space Marine Force Commander in vanilla, and then restarting it. Lord General, Farseer and I think Chaos Lord don't work.

So, first thoughts. Love the model work, love the squad sizes, really like the way you have added extra menus. however, it seems to me that only Space Marines have been done. Certainly all the Eldar wargear is disabled (only played Space Marines and Eldar so far).
Also, Space Marines regeneration is ridiculously OP, normal Tacs regain so much health so quickly even under suppression fire.

Also, what I guess is the Command Squad (it still has the label of Tactical Marine Squad) has a black cube placemarker. Not sure which that is meant to be (maybe the techmarine?), because I am not really up to speed on the last version of the Codex. All the models look truly brilliant though. Just wondering, will the Apothecary have any special abilities?

Also, can't help but notice that the Eldar drop like flies, but the Space Marines maintain their model count (barring perhaps scouts) to a very low HP. Also, no friendly fire from the Whirlwind (which, btw, is truly excellently implemented ;) ) didn't notice if there was any from the Fire Prism, though there might be in which case its an implementation rather than bug.

Also, think the Fire Prism fire rate is rather low, especially compared to the Whirlwind (though I understand that it has less range, I think - it can fire over obstacles though, which the FP can't).

Also, Scouts arent appearing on my construction menu, but there is a blank slot with a Q key hotkey, so that might be them. The AI doesn't appear to go for Powerpoints when it needs them.

Sorry, these are just some first thoughts after having played a 3 games Eldar vs Space Marines, Space Marines vs Chaos, and Imperial Guard vs Imperial Guard.

I would just like to add that I understand this is still in Alpha, so you havent set anything in stone, and there might well be a few placeholder units, loads of placeholder text (almost every addon to vehicles was listed as a flamer, or at least had a flamer icon ;) ), some bugs, and probably a lot of fine tuning ( ;) ) but I just thought i would give some limited and uninformed feedback. ;)

As a conclusion, I would just like to say that this is a really incredible mod, that significantly changes the game play and feel of the game - I wont say for the better, but definitely just as good. It is, of course, lovely to have new units and such large armies, and it does feel like playing an entire new game - and very much more like the feel of Warhammer 40k.

On the whole I love it, and of course I have to commend all the team on producing such a fine alpha. I hope you don't consider my comments insulting, they are just potential bug reports and subjective comments. in the meantime, keep up the excellent work, and thanks again for producing such a fine mod. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:52 pm 
Civilian

Where can I get the latest version with the new techmarine and grey knights? Or is that not released yet?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:10 pm 
Civilian

Does it matter if I have the Tau commander pack downloaded for last stand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:57 am 
Civilian

I just discovered that this version is for retribution (I thought it was for dow2 original which I don't have), and since I just got retribution yesterday I wanted to try it (AS I LOVE FOK).

THOUGH THE UPLOAD IS FROM MEGAUPLOAD WHO HAS BEEN SCREWED UP! So I can't. You should upload from somewhere else now.

Loving Firestorm over Kronus still. Bought Soulstorm too yesterday, and I bought it JUST for Firestorm over Kaurava, I swear. Keep going, I support you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:40 am 
Civilian

Hadror Sunwielder wrote:
THOUGH THE UPLOAD IS FROM MEGAUPLOAD WHO HAS BEEN SCREWED UP! So I can't. You should upload from somewhere else now.

Yea i got that same problem too some sort of federal ****.
Just wondering my old pc Broke using a laptop that runs dow2 retribution on minimum requirements would the mod still work with that??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am 
Civilian

You gonna upload this somewhere else man??? Really want to try it. Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2