Dawn of Warhammer 40,000: Firestorm Over Kaurava

The definitive Table Top conversion mod for Dawn of War.
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: midfielder ran through tow
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:42 am 
Aspiring Champion

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, I have watched thousands of games but I have never seen this. In the first period of Mondays game between the Penguins and Sabres, Pittsburghs Tanner Glass accidentally high-sticked a Buffalo player along the boards, then the puck came back to him. He closed in a bit on the net and ripped a shot which Ryan Miller deflected into the corner - there was another Penguin there and a couple of Buffalo players. I am not sure at what point the referees arm was raised, but Fleury raced to the bench for another attacker. Play was then whistled down and Glass received a high-sticking penalty. My question is: had Glass scored on his shot would the goal have counted? Does somehow the intent to blow the whistle factor in here? Thanks for any clarification you can offer, Kerry. John DickieLondon, Ontario Hi John:Perhaps you werent even born in 1987 but a similar incident happened to yours truly during Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs that year at the Montreal Forum in the hotly contested Battle of Quebec between the Canadiens and the Nordiques. I raised my arm for a delayed penalty and got caught up watching the follow-up action to where the infraction had occurred and while the "offending team" had possession of the puck. Seeing that my arm was raised to call a penalty with his team in possession of the puck the offending team goalie raced out of his crease for an extra attacker. A change of puck possession with no whistle blown resulted in an attack toward the unguarded cage and caused the goalie to throw on the brakes half way to his players bench. Through instinct and a quick replay in my brain I recognized that the offending team had possession of the puck at the time of the infraction and I immediately blew the whistle to assess the penalty. It was a minor embarrassment for me but no damage was done as result of my slow whistle. That is what occurred in Monday nights Sabres-Pens game when the referee in the neutral zone, looking down the wall, did a great job in catching the quick high-stick by Tanner Glass to the chin of Tyler Ennis of the Sabres. The referee remained focused on Ennis to determine if an injury had resulted as the Buffalo player grabbed his chin. In that moment of time the shot on goal was taken by Tanner Glass of the Penguins. As Ryan Miller made the save and steered the rebound to the corner behind his net Marc-Andre Fleury had already bolted from his net for an extra attacker! The referee, like me, recognized that the offending team had puck possession following the infraction and stopped play to assess the penalty. If the shot by Glass had gotten past Miller and entered the net the goal would immediately have been disallowed and the penalty assessed as per rule 78.5 (xi)—During the delayed calling of a penalty, the offending team cannot score unless the non-offending team shoots the puck into their own net. This shall mean that a deflection off an offending player or any physical action by an offending player that may cause the puck to enter the non-offending teams goal, shall not be considered a legal goal. Play shall be stopped before the puck enters the net (wherever possible) and the signaled penalty assessed to the offending team. (xii) When the Referee deems the play has been stopped, even if he had not physically had the opportunity to stop play by blowing his whistle. The answer to your question John is clearly found in rule 78.5. Putting aside any minor embarrassment a referee might feel for not blowing his whistle at the appropriate time, no goal can result on a delayed penalty or a delayed off-side call (even after the attacking team has tagged up at the blue line) unless the non-offending team shoots the puck into their own goal. Alex Bregman Jersey . - Mike Zimmer has brought a demanding style to the Minnesota Vikings. Lance McCullers Astros Jersey .Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/jason-castro-astros-jersey/ . -- Quarterback Josh Johnson has returned to the San Francisco 49ers and his former college coach, Jim Harbaugh. Jose Altuve Astros Jersey . -- The Minnesota Vikings released reserve cornerback A. Preston Tucker Jersey .Murray has played 20 matches in five weeks, winning three titles to climb to fifth in the ATP Race.The two-time Grand Slam champion also seeks to qualify for next months ATP World Tour Finals.Murray said: I always wanted to qualify for it, but also I want to get back into the top 8 players in the world and it makes a huge difference for seedings in the major events.TALLINN, Estonia - Wayne Rooney curled in a 73rd-minute free kick to earn England an uninspiring 1-0 win over 10-man Estonia and a third straight victory in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship on Sunday.Playing in his 99th international, the England captain made up for squandering two decent first-half chances by whipping a shot over the wall and inside the near post, with goalkeeper Sergei Pareiko parrying the ball against the upright but unable to keep it out.England coach Roy Hodgson was contemplating taking off Rooney when the Manchester United striker scored his 43rd international goal that moved him to within one of Jimmy Greaves, who is third on Englands all-time list. Rooney needs seven more goals to overhaul Englands leading scorer, Bobby Charlton.Estonia, ranked No. 81, had captain Ragnar Klavan sent off in the 48th minute for a second yellow card but did a good job in frustrating England in the Group E match.The pleasing thing is we have a young team, we knew it was going to tough but we hung in well, Rooney said. Nights like this are going to help us.Rooney, Englands captain, always looked the likely scorer for the visitors in a drab game in Tallinn. He had eight shots in all and wasted a one-on-one opportunity in second-half injury time by shooting straight at Pareiko.England had previously beaten Switzerlland and San Marino in qualifying and tops the group.ddddddddddddLithuania was looking to move level on points with England but lost 2-0 to Slovenia, which is tied on six points with its beaten opponent. Milivoje Novakovic scored both goals in the first half.San Marino hosts Switzerland on Tuesday, with both countries without a point after two games.Save for an early scare when Sergei Zenjov saw a low shot deflected narrowly wide, England was in control in A. Le Coq Arena but lacked any guile in the final third to finish off good approach play.Rooney volleyed over from a chipped pass from the lively Jack Wilshere midway through the first half and then failed to make connection from close range to a cross from Leighton Baines.Estonia defended stoutly but its task of sneaking the biggest win in its history got harder when Klavan cynically blocked Fabian Delph as the England midfielder ran through toward the area. The referee, who had booked the defender in the 29th for impeding Danny Welbeck, had no option but to show a red card.England struggled to open up Estonias defence in open play, so was thankful for the intervention from Rooney, who raised his arms and looked up to the sky after the ball nestled in the back of the net.It was a good free kick from Wayne, said Hodgson, but it was a frustrating night for him. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '